In exile

Pushed RP3 on an 06 Reign

Welp - I got it back last week from Push and it is nice. I had it tuned to my weight and had a bumper put in. They asked if I wanted the bumper they use on the DHX kits they are installing and I conceeded, after they assured me they would take it out if I didn't like it. Set at the same pressure as before, it is more supple on bumps, more stable when seated and pedalling and slower through the travel on drops. It would just blow through the stroke, like it would bottom out, but slow abruptly at the end. I didn't ever feel it bottom, but it felt bottomless and then harsh. That is gone. I highly recommend it, if you have $150 to blow. Props to Jimmy for the call on it, and Darren for the initial help in deciding to do it.

Motion activated
    Nice. Seems like it fixes my main complaint with the Reign. My pushed RP3 still blows though the travel (I bought it used as it isn't set up for the Reign). It'll be going back to Push so they can set it up for the Reign.

So how have you got your RP3 mounted? Is PP the lever in between the rockers?
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

In exile
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71

So how have you got your RP3 mounted? Is PP the lever in between the rockers?
    I have gotten 2 rides on it, and the lever is in the front of the rockers.

They told me that 20 lbs can make a difference in tuning, as can suspension rates and such. I put a pushed Vanilla on my Haro and it was pushed for a Heckler. It feels good, but it is also from one single pivot to another.

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by loco-gringo
    I have gotten 2 rides on it, and the lever is in the front of the rockers.

They told me that 20 lbs can make a difference in tuning, as can suspension rates and such. I put a pushed Vanilla on my Haro and it was pushed for a Heckler. It feels good, but it is also from one single pivot to another.
    Well Iím close, but not close enough.

My pushed RP3 came off a Titus Supermoto/180lb rider. I'm 150lb but the Reign has a higher leverage ratio, so when I did the calculations, I'd still be running the same spring rate as the 180lb/Titus rider. That's the good news, but the bad news is (as you already know) that the Reign has very linear suspension and the Supermoto is a rising rate, so Push said that they would reduce the air volume of the RP3 and add more mid stroke damping to tune it specifically for the Reign. Fortunately they'll re-push it for $90.

In exile
    The bumper is also put in to reduce the air volume to help the rate on the shock. It does feel nice. It was like $20 more, but seems to help. I am assuming that anyway.

Is there a calculator for spring rates and such somewhere??

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by loco-gringo
    The bumper is also put in to reduce the air volume to help the rate on the shock. It does feel nice. It was like $20 more, but seems to help. I am assuming that anyway.

Is there a calculator for spring rates and such somewhere??
    So they put the bumper in there to reduce the air volume.... I was wondering how they did that.

Once youíve had more time on the RP3 I for one would like to hear a ride repot if youíve got the time

Check out the free demo of a program called Linkage at http://www.bikechecker.com/
    It's an excellent program for analyzing suspension and you can download different bike models from the online library (including the Reign). If you click on the sag button, you can play with spring rates and it'll tell you the resulting sag.