mtbr member
    May 2008

Pretty custom Trance X2

Im posting here too as I know many of us dont like to venture into other places on this forums...... enjoy....

Both bikes are done. YEA RIGHT. But at least for now, I was able to finish the write up and post some pictures.

Basically we took a Trance X2 and a HiFi deluxe, gutted'em except the frame and suspension, and built em up again....

We dont have the exact weights yet, but the Trance should be in the low 25s, high 24s, and the hifi was 24.83. I will get the exact weights as soon as I can get to the scale again.

Take a look at some of the upgrades and lemme know what you think .... 2 more months and ill be tearing up some trails / rides on my gf, but for now, pictures and web will have to do while the leg heals up.

http://tripxamerica.com/2009/03/12/weight-war/
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

Hifi => Ex 9. Thank you warranty.

mtbr member
    Nice upgrades.

I skimmed through your write-up and caught two possible errors before I stopped reading. First, I seriously doubt that the complete HiFi was 2 pounds lighter than the complete Trance X solely because of it's carbon stays. The frame may be lighter, but at 2 pounds lighter the HiFi frame would have to weigh under 4 ppounds. Possible, so correct me if I'm wrong. Second, the Fox shock on your Trance X DOES have propedal.

Still interested to hear how they ride.

mtbr member
    Did you weigh the frames? The weight difference is mostly down to the kit, looking down the list of stock components the Hifi is bound to come up considerably lighter to start with.

Enjoy the new rides though!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    As written it also states that the hifi was running tubeless , and lighter tires than the stock bontragers. Sorry if that wasnt clear. Both bikes were running all the race face carbon parts (handlebars and seat post).

What i meant by lack of propedal, was lack of that blue switch... is there another name for it?
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

mtbr member
    "The HiFi started with a slight advantage, the rear triangle is made from carbon fiber. This gave the HiFi Deluxe a 2lbs head start with stock weights."

This is where it sounds like you're attributing the weight advantage to the frames.

The blue switch allows the rider to select how much of a ProPedal platform they desire. Lack of a switch means you are stuck with the one setting, determined at the factory.

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...oat_r_rear.htm

mtbr member
    May 2008
    That makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Yea i guess it sounds like im saying the frame is overall 2 lbs light because of the carbon rear triangle. Ill re word it!
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

mtbr member
    No worries. Overall I like the idea of the comparo and the web-site set-up. Looking forward to ride reports and future upgrades.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks hopfully we will start collecting data for the trails as soon as I can ride a little better... Doctor said 2 more months and I can start impact therapy so that's good news
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.