Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your hardtail Giants

401K views 880 replies 428 participants last post by  cacacab 
#1 ·
If you have a hard tail Giant, show it some love by posting its pics and specs :thumbsup:

#102 ·
is an 07 STP2 worth $749.99 Canadian? theres a bike shop about 1/2 an hour from my house with that deal. i think thats around $715 American, but i'm not sure about the conversion. Are there gunna be 08 STP2's coming out like within the next 2 weeks, or are they coming out in like November?

#104 ·
newagebiker said:
is an 07 STP2 worth $749.99 Canadian? theres a bike shop about 1/2 an hour from my house with that deal. i think thats around $715 American, but i'm not sure about the conversion. Are there gunna be 08 STP2's coming out like within the next 2 weeks, or are they coming out in like November?
Yeah they normally sell for $1000 Aussie dollars.

$750 Canadian is $836 Aussie, you're getting just over 15% discount of rrp which seems a pretty reasonable deal to me.

http://www.sicbikes.com.au/en-us/pg_126.html

#108 ·
This is my 2005 Rainier built from the frame up!

My build is all parts from ebay some new and some used. The only part I did not install is the headset as the frame I bought all ready had one pressed in. Everything else was done by me with only a few minor problems, a few scraped and bloody knucles, a bunch of cursing and a few tense moments with the spouse when she tried to help.

Frame- Giant Rainier
Headset- Aheadset
Fork- Maniotu Black w/adjustable travel 80-100 (not sure what year)
Stem- Bontrager
Handlebar- Bontrager Crowbar
Crankset- Truvativ Blaze
Front Der.- SRAM Gen X
Rear Der.- SRAM X7
Shifters- SRAM X7 Triggers 8 speed
Wheelset- Sun Rhyno Lite w/ XT hubs
Cassette- SRAM PG850 11-32
Chain- SRAM PC58
Rear Brake- Gator Mechanical (so far works great with no problems)
Front Brake- Gator Mechanical
Brake Levers- Avid Speed Dial 5

Attachments

#109 ·
My XtC1

My 2005 XtC1 hardtail. I love it to bits!
It's pretty much a stock 14" XtC frame, but I've added a women's specific seat, Candys, and a black Hope QR seatclamp ;)

First pic is my bike
Second pic is me racing in the Karapoti Classic
Third pic is me racing in the New Zealand National XC Series :thumbsup:

Attachments

#110 ·
Some minor upgrades

Giant XtC Team frame
Rock Shox SID World Cup
Truvativ Team bar,stem and seatpost
Truvativ FireX Team cranks
SRAM XO GripShift and RD
SRAM 9.0 FD
Avid Juicy 7
SRAM PG990 11-32 cogs
SRAM PC 991 Hollow pin chain
Exustar pedals
Alligator shifter housing
Kenda Nevegals 1.95 front
Kenda Karma 2.0 rear
alex dp17,14g spokes,pivit SL hubs wheelsets....will be replaced soon by AmClassic hubs,Revos,X317 rims

#112 ·
its a large frame @ 21. last i weighed it was still @ 23lbs with the big culprit being the wheelsets and tires. had the hydro cables cut yesterday (around 20 grams or more saved) and got some Alligator Serrated rotors (less 40 grams from the original Avid wavy pair).

will have the carbon steerer tube cut to about 8 1/2 inches soon to shred off at least 15-20 grams more.

probably build the Am Classic-X317-Revos (should hit 1400++ grams) wheelsets this weekend and see if i can hit the 22 mark (i know,its a long shot)

#113 ·
Oh the SID, hmmm being a 170lbs rider thats wimpy on technical DH sections,it seems fine.havent noticed the infamous "Flex" on the SID.i guess im not riding hard like before. but i have to admit, i really miss my old Reba which can be banged around without any worries and i miss the floodgate so much.

#114 ·
Here is my 02' XTC SE1 PRO frame with mammoth upgrades!

05' Crossmax XL Disc Wheelset
06' FOX F100 RL
06' Dual control XTR Hydro brakes/shifters
Easton EC 90 handlebar
Easton EC 70 seatpost
06' XT hollow-tech two piece cranks
crank brothers egg-beater SL pedals
XT front dérailleur
XTR rear dérailleur
Thomson elite stem
SRAM PC990 Cassette
SRAM PC990 Chain
AVID Juicy seven disc rotors
WTB laser saddle w/TI rails
Hutchinson python tubeless tires

Approx weight = 24 lbs

Attachments

#115 ·

on a rainy afternoon. ;)

Hydro cables cut already.will have steerer tube cut as well this weekend to save a lil bit more weight.

new wheelsets built by monday. im still deciding which tires to get. want to try out the Tioga Red Phoenix 1.8 @ 400+ grams full knobbed

then its time to weigh and be depressed ;D

#117 ·
i'm just waiting on the wheels and the crankset on my new xtc build. ended up spending a bit more on some of the parts than i originally intended but then again i did save a heap buyin stuff from ebay. will definatley get some pics posted as soon as the wheels are fitted but heres the spec list. Everything has now been bought and fitted except the wheels and cranks, build cost came in at around £1400 GBP.

Frame 07' XTC Team 19"
Seatpost clamp stock
Crankset Middleburn RS7 Duo Blk
Handlebars KCNC Scandium
Headset FSA Intergrated
Grips ODI Ruffian Lock On
Stem 110mm Ritchey WCS
Seat Post Syncros 400mm
Saddle Selle Italia SLR
Bottom Bracket SKF
Chain KMC SL9
Headset spacers No Name Carbon
Pedals Eggbeater SL
Forks 07' R7 Super 80mm
Brakes (F&R) Magura Marta SL
Cables (Gear) Shimano XTR
Shifters 07' Sram X-9
Cassette Shimano XT 11-32
Front Derailluer 07' Sram X-9
Rear Derailluer 07' Sram X-9
Skewers Kore
Wheelset Dt Swiss 240 Hubs / 4.2d Rims
Supercomp spokes / wheelpro built
Tyres Kenda Small Block 8
Tubes Ritchey Pro Lite

#119 ·
This is my 06 Giant Yukon, was a 24 speed but upgraded to 27.

Upgrades:

-Rockshox Tora 318 Solo Air w/motion control,
-Deore fd,
-SRAM pg9770 cassette,
-Shimano HG73 chain,
-Truvativ Firex LR cranks and GXP bb,
-FSA Pig headset,
-Crappy Kalloy stem (but so much lighter than stock stem),
-Easton setpost and WTB saddle- currently fitted with Geax slicks.

As of tomorrow I am upgrading to a Jamis fs, but this bike has been great.

Attachments

#126 ·
The current wheelset consists of Mavic XC717 Disc rims, DT Swiss Champion spokes, Shimano XTR (M965) hubs, with alloy nipples on the rear and brass nipples on the front.
That will, in time, go on my training bike or singlespeed, with the new one being an XC717 or American Classic, M975 hubs, alloy nipples, and DT Swiss SuperComps.

Not exactly the lightest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.