Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your hardtail Giants

401K views 880 replies 428 participants last post by  cacacab 
#1 ·
If you have a hard tail Giant, show it some love by posting its pics and specs :thumbsup:

#387 ·
Well the latest is that I've gone SS (again) and Rigid as well...

Kind of inspired to do so after getting a BMX and the fact that I don't ride that much nor have that much riding talent. Just a bike to potter around on and dream of dirt jumping and other stuff that may or may not ever come to be.

#393 ·
My rebuilt XTC C3

This is my XTC C3.

Shifters: XT.
Rear mech: XT.
Pedals: XT
Brakes: Avid Juciy 7
Seatpost: USE Sumo Carbon.
Stem: USE Atom Carbon.
Grips: ODI Cross trainer lock on.
Fork: Trigon rigid. (Reba team for off road)

The rest is currently stock but will be changed.
Not sure what wheels to get ???

Attachments

#397 ·
Here is my latest hardtail build. It got the leftovers from my other bikes which were sold or demoted. I did buy a few new things to go with this new frame such as brakes and a fork. The old Sette hardtail got demoted to run around town with a child seat on it.

Attachments

#399 ·
It is a 2010 XTC FR frame - 16 inch size. Besides the logos it is brushed aluminum. The geometry, weight, and finish are what sold me. It has a 70.5 HA and 73 SA. However, that spec is with a 100mm fork. I like a bit slacker angle for descending, so I put a 120mm on it. So it is slacker by 1 degree in angles. I then just run the seat 10mm forwards past SA center and I still retain the pedaling position I prefer. It climbs very easily and descends as fast I'm willing to hang it out!

#408 ·
I think I have the OLDEST bike in the thread.

1989 Yukon (top of the line for Giant back then) Shimano Deore II components Araya RM20 rims with a pair of Ritchey Tom Slicks on there for city riding. She is still going strong, all original parts with the exception of the grips, seat and pedals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.