Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
    mtbr member
    Post your hardtail Giants-filopappou01.jpg

Small update, tubeless conversion via the ghetto method and a new alu straitline bashguard as the old plastic blackspire took a hit too many. Fun early morning ride today at the local hill. Got around to give the drivetrain a much needed thorough clean after the ride.
    Last edited by justwan naride; 10-20-2015 at 08:32 AM.

mtbr member
    I just grabbed a 2016 Talon 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your hardtail Giants-image.jpg  

Post your hardtail Giants-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

My Baby XTC Advanced 27.5 Full XT 1x10 with Industry Nine Wheels

Post your hardtail Giants-12002846_10156025120215296_864848689914020200_n.jpgPost your hardtail Giants-12143063_10156134575325296_4642641264865001240_n.jpg

mtbr member
    New MT35 wheelset on my Talon 4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your hardtail Giants-20151107_091031.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Oldie but a goodie, 1999 Giant Rincon SE. All stock besides new fork, handlebars and stem.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    In front is a '92 ATX 770 still in excellent condition

Post your hardtail Giants-20150621_195431.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    My 2014 Talon 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    2015 Talon 3; RS TK30 fork, Deore XT group and wheel set

Post your hardtail Giants-7eleven-stair-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    New Talon 2 loving it! A nice upgrade from my boulder!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nice bike, I like the colour. The bars look like they are a decent width too, how wide are they?

One point though, you better lose that kickstand if you intend to actually ride off road. These things are dangerous on bumpy trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by justwan naride View Post
    Nice bike, I like the colour. The bars look like they are a decent width too, how wide are they?

One point though, you better lose that kickstand if you intend to actually ride off road. These things are dangerous on bumpy trails.
    Thanks ,yup stand is already off! 690mm bar i believe.

mtbr member
    Looks wider, I was guessing around 730. Unfortunate how conservative Giant is on cockpit specs.

A bit too soon for upgrades, but if you plan to tackle proper mtb terrain consider a wider bar. It's a very cost effective way to improve a bike's handling (usually coupled with a short stem).

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Looks wider, I was guessing around 730. Unfortunate how conservative Giant is on cockpit specs.

A bit too soon for upgrades, but if you plan to tackle proper mtb terrain consider a wider bar. It's a very cost effective way to improve a bike's handling (usually coupled with a short stem).
    Cant help but tinker pedals swapped out ..maybe go wider on bar

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

I own a Giant Talon, and considering very much on getting wider handlebars and stem. What type/brand, size, and stem you have?

mtbr member
    After a few swaps of different lengths, widths, rises etc I ended up with a 60mm truvativ stylo stem and Funn Full on 750/15mm bars. They are very reasonably priced and great quality for the money, esp the stem. The bars are silver and the finishing has a few scratches from the odd fall and light mounts. There are lighter and fancier looking bars, but I like the funn's shape a lot.

I recommend going wider than you think, then cutting if not happy with the size. For a bike like the talon (xc style) a stem length around 60-70 would be fine. Shorter than 50mm will result in twitchy handling, as the steep head angle doesn't work with short lengths. Of course it also depends on personal preferences and your own height/arm length etc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Post your hardtail Giants

Iv got a Funn Fatbar, love it, with a 70mm stem that has a 15 degree rise (I'm quite short and this takes the stretch out of it for me)

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    After a few swaps of different lengths, widths, rises etc I ended up with a 60mm truvativ stylo stem and Funn Full on 750/15mm bars. They are very reasonably priced and great quality for the money, esp the stem. The bars are silver and the finishing has a few scratches from the odd fall and light mounts. There are lighter and fancier looking bars, but I like the funn's shape a lot.

I recommend going wider than you think, then cutting if not happy with the size. For a bike like the talon (xc style) a stem length around 60-70 would be fine. Shorter than 50mm will result in twitchy handling, as the steep head angle doesn't work with short lengths. Of course it also depends on personal preferences and your own height/arm length etc.
    Hello justwanaride; thank you for the input. I was thinking about going to a 780mm, and maybe, not sure yet w/ a 40mm stem?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB_Dozer View Post
    Hello justwanaride; thank you for the input. I was thinking about going to a 780mm, and maybe, not sure yet w/ a 40mm stem?
    I've tried stems from 40-100mm on my Terrago, in 20mm steps. I found 40mm was too twitchy on both slow technical trails and fast decends. I had to correct after most turns, but the worse was that the front wheel was not weighted enough. That's a good recipe for front wheel washouts, and they are not fun. I settled for 60mm, it's a good compromise between XC reach and AM handling.

It's also a good idea to get a stem with a slight rise, like 5 or 6 degrees, so you can fine tune your bar height by running it normal or inverted.

A 780mm bar may feel like too much at first, but give it a couple of proper rides before cutting down. If you feel yor wrists angled in a weird way try to roll the bars to find a comfortable angle, otherwise it may be an indication that they are too wide for you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I've tried stems from 40-100mm on my Terrago, in 20mm steps. I found 40mm was too twitchy on both slow technical trails and fast decends. I had to correct after most turns, but the worse was that the front wheel was not weighted enough. That's a good recipe for front wheel washouts, and they are not fun. I settled for 60mm, it's a good compromise between XC reach and AM handling.

It's also a good idea to get a stem with a slight rise, like 5 or 6 degrees, so you can fine tune your bar height by running it normal or inverted.

A 780mm bar may feel like too much at first, but give it a couple of proper rides before cutting down. If you feel yor wrists angled in a weird way try to roll the bars to find a comfortable angle, otherwise it may be an indication that they are too wide for you.
    thank you for the input. Again, not sure what I am going to do at moment. If I go to a 780mm, at least I can possible cut down some. I like the longer stem too 60mm to about 100mm, we shall see.

mtbr member

I'll get a better photo when it comes out of the shop. '90 Giant Rincon I've had since new. Lots of miles on the old girl. She's pretty beat down and neglected.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

My Talon

Just picked up my new Talon 27,5 RC LTD (2015) which is my first Giant ever, and I'm already loving it!

Post your hardtail Giants-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Just picked up this vintage beauty today. Don't know anything about it so any info would be great. Post your hardtail Giants-0402161133.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    2003 Giant XTC 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    decided to order a 60mm stem and a wider handle bar. Feel like im leaning too forward, cant pop up the front end easy nor get a good bunny hop in the position im in. See if this helps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Giant ATX 27.5

Picked up this beauty today. My parents actually bought it for me as a birthday present (going on 14), as they've seen me eyeing it for a little while. Took it out to the Slaughter Pen trails with my dad and was truly amazed. It's a huge jump from my Miyata!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your hardtail Giants-img_4362.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjake02 View Post
    Picked up this beauty today. My parents actually bought it for me as a birthday present (going on 14), as they've seen me eyeing it for a little while. Took it out to the Slaughter Pen trails with my dad and was truly amazed. It's a huge jump from my Miyata!
    Looks good - enjoy!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I won this in a raffle from my gym. I was actually thinking of selling it, but eventually decided to hold on to it and use it to learn off of. Coming from big box store bikes, I was pretty impressed with this bike (even when it was all stock). Ended up getting bored along the way and upgraded a few things here and there.
    Post your hardtail Giants-25460179883_544288efc3_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    '15 Talon 2, finally back out after a winter of being banished to a trainer in the basement.
    Post your hardtail Giants-springtalon.jpg

Looking forward to hitting some trails this week.

Epic rider

XTC29
    12 Anthem X29
    13 XTC 29

07 Epic Marathon carbon
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Anniversary
    03 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    00 Rockhopper Pro

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

My Giant Yukon

Hi can someone help me with identifying this bike? I got this really cheap here in Belgium and now om upgrading it with hydraulic disc brakes instead of the mechanical ones.
    But my real question is does anybody have specs from it like what tyres where originally on the bike like how wide so i know what width i can fitName:  fiets.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  85.3 KB
    Last edited by sven01001; 04-20-2016 at 02:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Υou don't have to fit the same tyres as the original spec. Better choose tread and volume based on what your local conditions are and what are you going to do with the the bike.

My guess is that the wheels are 17-19mm internal width, so you should be fine with tyres up to 2.2, maybe 2.3 at a pinch.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Just upgraded! Super stoked. Tubeless with a new fox shock!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Third Giant MTB, second XTC. Cashed in a warranty claim, got this:Post your hardtail Giants-img_1644.jpg
    Pretty stoked! Stay tuned!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Second XTC (warranty replacement) and '15 Fox 32 100mm. 23 lbs as it sits with heavy but fun and stylish gumwall tires
    Post your hardtail Giants-16xtc.jpg

mtbr member
    Very classy, yet aggressive. Lightweight tyres just aren't worth the risk anyway IMHO. What size is it and what's your height?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Very classy, yet aggressive. Lightweight tyres just aren't worth the risk anyway IMHO. What size is it and what's your height?
    Thanks man, I appreciate that. I decided to pass on the local XC races during the early season, but I plan to do more technical and better organized races around the Bay Area later this summer. I like the durability these tires have; some of the courses like Annadel XC will eat tires. Otherwise I would be running some lighter and faster tires.

I'm 6'5, 180 lbs, 36" inseam. And that's an XL frame with a 120 stem

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Post your hardtail Giants-pic5.jpg

here's my ride...

Bought the frame. got a lifetime warranty. Hope I never have to use it..

Not much of high end specs...front/rear xt derailleur, xt shifters, truvativ howitzer BB/blaze cranks, 2x9 setup, slx brakes 180/180 discs. Fox float 100 RL... That's about it....

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Heres my 2015 Talon 2. I'm still having loads of fun on this ride. I added new Detox platforms and a night light for rides at night. I'm not sure what I will upgrade to when the time comes-- maybe an XTC carbon hardtail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your hardtail Giants-img_1294.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2016

the beast

Post your hardtail Giants-talon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by alm80 View Post
    If you have a hard tail Giant, show it some love by posting its pics and specs

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Post your hardtail Giants-img_1047.jpgPost your hardtail Giants-img_1045.jpg

Took the new XTC out today. Rides flawlessly,

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    My XTC 29er 2.

Post your hardtail Giants-img_1159.jpg

Post your hardtail Giants-img_1161.jpg

Primative Screwhead

My XTC 29er

Post your hardtail Giants-imag2716.jpg

Easton EA90 wheels
    XT cassette/cranks
    XTR pedals, shifters, mechs
    Easton EC90 bars
    Manitou Marvel Pro fork set at 100mm (can do 80-120, but it's fine as is)

Pictured on the North South track on Mt Wellington, Tasmania. The trail builders made a nice little seat out the local rock and I often sat here for a few minutes when commuting home.

Post your hardtail Giants-imag3905.jpg

And here next to the arm of an Ent.
    Ego maniacs please object to my posts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Giant Talon 1, 27.5

Post your hardtail Giants-cncoduxuaae2fi7.jpgPost your hardtail Giants-cncsec1ueaacdur.jpg

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17