mtbr member

Paging riders 200+ pounds riding a 44 TST 2

How much PSI do you run on your 44 TST2?

Playing with mine, rode it at 45psi yesterday, felt better but too much sag.

mtbr member
    45 PSI is WAY too little psi for you. I'm 140 pounds and I ride my TST2 on my 29er at 50psi which is a little firm for my weight. I'm supposed to be running it at 45 PSI but I can't help but hit the big 6 foot drops sometimes thanks to my BMX background. I'd suggest putting your shock pump in your backpack and going to your favorite trail with some good drops. Start off with a higher PSI and decrease it in increments until you're getting all your travel with out bottoming out. I'd also set the rebound pretty high for you because you want the fastest rebound possible with out bouncing you off the bike. Since you're a bigger guy this shouldn't really be a problem. My fork is about 1 full turn from the highest rebound, you could probably run it at max rebound if you wanted. The 44 TST2 is a GREAT fork but requires some fine tuning. Once you dial it in to how you want it its a set it and forget it fork, I absolutely love mine and I prefer it wayyyy more than anything Fox or Rockshox offers! Good luck.