mtbr member
    Jul 2011

P-AM2 wheels need opinions

Just picked up a 2012 Reign X1 that comes with the PAM-2 wheels. I'm looking for opinions on these wheels. Strength, durability, tubeless convertible? I have a set of stans flow on hope pro 2 evo's that I'm considering for the new bike, but if the stock wheels are as good or better then I might use the flows for the wife's bike or sell them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Somebody has to have experience with these wheels. They come specced on all the higher end Giants so I assume they are not garbage.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I know this thread is really old now but I've been beating the hell out of my P-AM2s for a couple months at the park now with no issues. I probably have about 60 hours on the bike and they are good as new.

What was your experience? Do you know the weight on these?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I bent mine after about 20 hours. Flat spots beyond repair and I can't say I was a fan. I replaced them with flow ex's and haven't had an issue since.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Turns out mine actually suck. Apparently I wasn't looking close enough. I definitely just found a huge flat spot in my front wheel and a large crack in my rear rim. Sucks.