mtbr member
    Apr 2013

New question here. Overdrive 2. Which stem?

I would like to try a shorter stem on my Anthem X 29er XL than the 110mm one that it came with. Borrowed a 90mm from my LBS but it didn't fit onto the stalk (I think that's what it's called). From a quick search it appears to be due to the Overdrive 2 being 1 1/4'' rather than 1 1/8''

Can anyone confirm if this is correct and maybe recommend a stem that fits it?

Anyone who have gone with a shorter stem than the stock one?

Thanks!
    Jan

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    That is correct. Giant sells OD2 stems but i have no idea how short they go. I've heard the Specialized pro set stems work without the angled shim. They go down to 60mm if that's short enough for you.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristensen View Post
    I would like to try a shorter stem on my Anthem X 29er XL than the 110mm one that it came with. Borrowed a 90mm from my LBS but it didn't fit onto the stalk (I think that's what it's called). From a quick search it appears to be due to the Overdrive 2 being 1 1/4'' rather than 1 1/8''

Can anyone confirm if this is correct and maybe recommend a stem that fits it?

Anyone who have gone with a shorter stem than the stock one?

Thanks!
    Jan
    I have a 60mm on my 2013 trance x29er with an OD2 fork. Giant offers stems from 130mm to 48mm you can check out their stems here Stems - Bike Gear | Giant Bicycles | United States

I have the contact AM and I'm very happy with it. Looks good, crazy stiff but they are a little $$ at $100 retail that's Thomson price level. But I will say the performance so far is spot on.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanx! Looks like I'll be getting a Giant stem. At least the Connect SL OD2 ones are only 45$.

Anyone who have shortened their Anthem X 29er stem? Any recommendations on how short to go? I'm thinking 80 mm...