Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    BTW it's easy to change, just need allen keys.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hi, well i have the same problem with my bike few months ago, giant reign x2 2010 lower link broken on the iscg. Now i`m looking for a link for fix my bike because Giant dealer nothing do, but i found only reign 2012 link. Can i put a 2012 link reign on my x2 2010? yeah i know i have to cut the iscg but i read they used a 2008 reign link.
    greetings from chile bikers
    thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kri$han View Post
    2010 Giant Reign X1 - broke the lower link, same as all the others, on the drive side.

Medium Frame size
    Trail/All Mountain ride style

Been riding the bike since January 2011, first time this has broken. Anyone in Ontario had this issue? And if so which shop did you order the link from?
    Well it happened again - This time I cut off the upper ISCG tab and I'm replacing it with the other lower link from the Reign (non-X) - my only issue now is replacing the bearings in the frame which are in poor condition now...

Does anyone know what the bearing specifications are? OD, ID and thickness? or if there's any number printed on theirs? I was hoping to order them from a local bearing shop today and avoid paying Giant $60 for 4 bearings.

They're still in the frame, so I'd like to see if I can find the specs & order them then take them to a shop to have them swapped. Otherwise I'd have to take it to a shop, get them removed, then find the bearings and return to the shop.

Thanks for any/all help - this thread saved my bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I too have the same problem. I just broke my 3rd linkage in as many years. I don't have an authorized Giant LBS. So unless any new information has come to light I guess I need to go with the remedy that voids my frames warranty. This is also a Giant pain in the ass since it appears Giant won't talk directly to the consumer. I you search their site for the word warranty it says
    "Search
    Sorry, no results..."

Through good I found their FAQ page and this BS
    "
    7. Does Giant have a Consumer Help Line?
    No, Giant does not have a Consumer Help Line. Please contact your local Giant retailer for any questions that you may have and if necessary the retailer will contact Giant. To find your nearest Giant retailer, go to Giant Bicycles | Offical site, choose USA, and then click on Store Finder on the home page. You will be taken to our Dealer Locator where you can simply type in your city or zip code and the locator will find your nearest Giant retailer.
    Back to the top"

Anyway just fishing for solutions that don't involve cutting up my bike.

May contain nuts
    Were any of them v3 links? I'm still on my original v3 after three years of hard riding. There's a pic a page or so back showing the difference in width...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

update

Didn't the V3 requiring grinding the BB tab down (not off). If that's the case would they let a non-authorized LBS to do the work without voiding the warranty?

Sure wish Giant would at least talk to their customers

Update: I just posted about my problem on Giant's FB page so if anyone feels like piling on maybe we can get some attention.
    Last edited by labolle; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:22 PM. Reason: update

May contain nuts
    Nope. The v3 just has more meat around the ISCG cutouts...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    What is the part # of the Reign (not Reign X) lower link?
    The photo was kinda blurred.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i know it's been said before and said elsewhere, but I find it appalling that Giant hasn't addressed this in a meaningful way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm now in the predicament the I have no Giant authorized LBS and the place I bought it from isn't carrying Giant anymore. I emailed Giant headquarters with no response. So Giant won't talk to me, they won't talk to my LBS and they won't talk to the shop I bought the bike from. WTF am I supposed to do? To me the problem with this linkage pales in comparison to there systemic customer service problem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i had a similar issue, in that I had moved to a new country. i did find a dealer that would help me out though. PM me if you're in the US or Canada, as I think I have a shop in each country that would help you out and order the part for you (plus S&H I would imagine, for their services)
    not to take anything away from your issue - i hear you. it is a PITA.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25