mtbr member
    May 2004

NRS1 First Ride Report

All I can say is why didn't I get one of these sooner. I went out to the most bombed out trail in Dallas and put in 20 miles today. This singletrack trail is littered with baby head rocks, 4" roots, huge ruts, 3 foot boulders, nice drops, quick steep climbs, you name it. I've been riding this trail on my Ti hardtail for years and have perfected the art of line selection out of neccessity for self preservation. Well today I discovered why full suspension bikes have taken over this particular venue. I just cut 10 minutes off my fastest time! What was punishing me last week, I just floated over today. Amazing! This bike climbs way better than my 24lb Ti hardtail. I cleared a very technical rocky climb that I've never seen anyone clear, including myself. I couldn't believe it. That's all it took to convince me that I had made the best bike decision since I started riding 18 years ago. This bike absolutely rocks for fast technical XC.

So the question now is, what the heck do I do with my trusty old Ti hardtail?

[paste title here]
    Great to hear you like your NRS 1. Mine is one year old and its still a great bike. Have fun with it!
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling