mtbr member

nrs xtc 1 identification, extra parts after rebuild??

i picked up a used NRS a while back... i just replaced all the bearings/bushings with enduro bearings and a bushing kit for a 01 from GIANT... heres the problem..

the bolt connecting the rocker arms tthrough the shock is too short...

the bearing in the pivot connecting the rear triangle to the rocker arms fit, but was very narrow... no plastic washers, so i used the old bushing, pin, and washers since they were in pretty good shape still. (the old bushings/pin were the same pieces as the horst link). the replacement pin for that link was thicker at the head of the bolt and had a step down for the threads. for a different model??

i had some other random extra parts. i didnt replace the bushings/spacers (black) in the seatstay. didnt know how to get them out. i thought about just pressing them out, but i didnt know if i would be going straight through a stop in the stay... little help there would be appreciated..

when i got the bike, i was told its a 2001 model.. it matches the color scheme (yellow and black frame)... except the rear triangle is ALL black instead of the yellow and black that is pictured in giant's website. on the chain stay, theres a sticker "series II" if that means anything towards the model year....

i would like to be sure of the model before i call the LBS about the extra and mis-matched parts. thanks for the help!
    Last edited by laackund; 04-10-2006 at 12:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    maybe post up a photo.

it's possible the rear triangle was swapped out for a different model for 'whatever' reason.

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]

mtbr member
    i probably wont get a chance to borrow a camera until the weekend.... I'll see what i can do before then