mtbr member
    Apr 2004

NRS Suspension Kits -SOON!!

I have finally started receiveing parts!! My supplier only had 40 flange bushings in stock, they owe me 460 in 2 weeks. My 600 bearings are due on the 8th of July. Some things take longer than others.
    The spacer sleeves are still a problem. I am waiting for quotes from 3 manufacturers now. I think it's because my quote quantities are kind of low (400). I do have a source for a substitute spacer made of hardened and ground steel, but it's wicked overkill compared to the original aluminum spacer and they are EXPENSIVE at $6.09 EACH!! I am really trying to get pricing lower to really drop the bottom on the $35 shipped price for the entire kit.

In any event, I am going to post a classified hre in MTBR classified under OTHER COMPONENTS. Since I don't have the bearings yet, or the spacer sleeves. If anyone is interested in just flange bushings, drop a reply to this post. I will put an ad in the classifieds for just flange bushings if anyone is interested, as they are "THE" wear item in the rear.

soooonnnnnn.....

ps: these flage bushings look IDENTICAL to GIANTS, and I wonder if the German company that makes them also makes them for GIANT. Otherwise they are made of a material which is designed to be used in hostile enviroments and is extremely wear resistant. The vendor recommends ROUGHENING the shaft that they are used on if they squeek, as they very resistant to wear.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Only 40 bushings so far: Picture

Throwing in a pic, forgot it in the original post. And I misspell like mad. Wish I had a built in spell check. I think I edit every post I type.
    Last edited by John; 05-14-2011 at 08:25 AM.

[paste title here]
    sweet. Hope everything gets in on time. Ill probably be purchasing a kit b/c those darn bushings wear like nothing!!!
    Keep Pedaling