Thread: NRS SID Shock

Get out of town!

NRS SID Shock

I have a 2001 NRS2 and I want to upgrade the SID shock that the bike came equiped with. Any suggestions

mtbr member
    Get a Cane Creek Cloud Nine. They are offering a upgrade special where they give you a $100.00 off for a trade in. I would pick up a old POS rear shock from your LBS to trade in so you have your sid for backup. I did about 2 month's and has to be the best upgrade I have done so far. So much more plush than that sid. Do a search on this board there has been a few threads about them.

Get out of town!

Good job!

That sounds like a great deal. I will definately check into that...I was looking at a FoX AVA for about $350 but this may be even better. Thanks for the advice.

mtbr remember
    Why don't you like the SID? I am personally not a big fan of Rockshox products, but I really don't feel the need to change my SID shock at the moment, although $225 for that Cloudnine sounds like a good deal.

Get out of town!
    I never really feel dialed in to an otherwise great bike (NRS2) because I can't get the shock set. I weigh 190lbs so I will pump the shock up to 210-215 just hoping that by the time I get the pump off the psi will be close to where I need it to be.....

I have the bike and rode it for about 2 years now and the shock itself is ok but I am ready for a change. I rode a friends NRS with a fox shock on the back and it felt very plush and less "sticky" if that makes sense. My shock is not that smooth. Rockshox products are just as good as their competitors IMO and better than most ( I have a Duke SL Uturn on my bike and love it) but the rear shock is about to be a back-up.

mtbr member
    The Cloud nine is definatly more smooth than the SID. I have mine setup were there is a tiny amount of bob in it. But it is so much more plush than the SID that a little bob is worth it. I was going to sell my NRS for something a little more active. But instead I put a ZOKE MX PRO 105mm up front and the Cloud Nine in back. Now I will be riding this bike for a few more years. Not to mention Cane Creek customer service kick's a$$. Good luck in what ever you choose.