mtbr member
    May 2004

NRS SID rear shock rebound setting?

Does anybody have any suggestions for the rebound setting (faster or slower) on the SID rear shock for the NRS? How does the rebound effect the shock or ride? Could the rebound setting make the ride plusher?

Thanks in advance

ekin

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by ekin
    Does anybody have any suggestions for the rebound setting (faster or slower) on the SID rear shock for the NRS? How does the rebound effect the shock or ride? Could the rebound setting make the ride plusher?

Thanks in advance

ekin
    I set mine up according to the Rock Shox manual. I made it so that there would be one bounce when I went off the curb. Sometimes I would put a little more rebound or lees. It depends on your taste, so go out for a ride and set it up from there. I like mine with a little less rebound becuase the sid gets very bouncy on the trails. If you have to much then the shock will bounce around like a pogo stick and with no rebound the shock has a dead feeling to it.
    Keep Pedaling

mtbr remember
    If your rebound is too fast, it might have the effect of bucking you out of your seat after compression, like a pogo stick as was mentioned by mtnbikerdude87, if it is too slow it will take too long to top out again to be ready for the next bump.
    Try the curb thing, if you bounce too much for your tastes, slow down the rebound. It's all about experimenting on the terrain you ride most too.

NRS
    I have found that the best setting for the rear shock rebound is about one quarter turn past the point that you feel the rebound starting to actuate. This can be best felt pressing down on the seat while off the bike.
    That being said, the last reply was totally correct in saying that you need to ride and play with the settings to determine YOUR best feel.