NRS = :-D
    Feb 2004

NRS Replacement Shock Question

Hi,

At the end of last riding season, the original SID RC shock on my NRS finally croaked it. Rock Shox (eventually) decided to replace it under a warranty agreement when pushed really hard by my LBS. Kudos for my LBS, they stood by me all the way. Anyway, Rock Shox ended up replacing the shock with last years ARIO model.

I can not find any positive or negative air pressure adjustments. How am I supposed to set the sag or how is the NRS system supposed to work? Is this shock mis-matched for my bike?? Riding season will be starting in a few weeks time up here and I'd like to get my ride prepped for the season. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i'm not familiar with those shocks, but i'll be first to say that the NRS is a no-sag design. so, an appropriate shock, tuned right, will have NO sag.

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel S
    Hi,

At the end of last riding season, the original SID RC shock on my NRS finally croaked it. Rock Shox (eventually) decided to replace it under a warranty agreement when pushed really hard by my LBS. Kudos for my LBS, they stood by me all the way. Anyway, Rock Shox ended up replacing the shock with last years ARIO model.

I can not find any positive or negative air pressure adjustments. How am I supposed to set the sag or how is the NRS system supposed to work? Is this shock mis-matched for my bike?? Riding season will be starting in a few weeks time up here and I'd like to get my ride prepped for the season. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel
    try running the positive setup you have on your old RS SID. if there's a sag put in 5-10 psi until you see no sag