Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

psylo/

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
    I got a '03 NRS2 and it's weird. I have Psylo forks, Hayes brakes, Deore LX, XT hubs, and NRS shock, but can't find any info or models that match.

I would like some recommendations for rebuilding the stock shock as it has no dampening at all.
    I don't want a new shock because I'm giving it to my 13 year-old son. Yes, he's already 6-feet tall.

your Psylo is an exc. fork-great dampening & it should have adj. travel 80mm to 120mm the U-turn dial on the right in pic.....appears your frame is the Euro editions with adj. rear shock upper links.nice find......depending on how your Son plans to ride it,a stock rebuild be suffice & be the least $$$. ps/ have you tried airing up the rear shock? if it has 2 air valves be sure to follow the manuf. recommendations regarding pressures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NRS PICS, a little lovin for the nrs that could!-psylo-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    I got lucky on this one. Got it for less than $300! It has carbon bars, Michelin tires and a bunch of little mods. I think I'm going to have to rebuild the forks as the dampening isn't working right and put in the blue(?) springs. They're a little soft for me.
    The rear shock has only one air valve, but no dampening. Probably around $50 shipping and $90 to get it rebuilt by Kyle at The Broken Bike, or spend a little extra and get a NEW better shock with a lockout....
    I am only familiar with RockShox. Fox used to be down the street from me, but I don't know which ones are best. The lockout is a must for me - I'm BIG now... LOL
    Any opinions on shocks anyone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
    I got lucky on this one. Got it for less than $300! It has carbon bars, Michelin tires and a bunch of little mods. I think I'm going to have to rebuild the forks as the dampening isn't working right and put in the blue(?) springs. They're a little soft for me.
    The rear shock has only one air valve, but no dampening. Probably around $50 shipping and $90 to get it rebuilt by Kyle at The Broken Bike, or spend a little extra and get a NEW better shock with a lockout....
    I am only familiar with RockShox. Fox used to be down the street from me, but I don't know which ones are best. The lockout is a must for me - I'm BIG now... LOL
    Any opinions on shocks anyone?
    Good deal at under $300.

I recently picked up the below lightly used carbon NRS 1 ('05?) off of CL and it came with a RockShox Reba Race fork. It's got the lockout on it and does just fine with my 200+ lbs coming down on it, and it apparently works with the bike's geometry.

I spent so long trying to figure out what year this was, and trying to find matching examples on line, with little success. Turns out the guy selling it to me had brought it with him from Australia.

mtbr member
    Nice looking bike!
    Geez, you're taller than I am! What did you get it for?
    I got mine from an English teacher here that had to leave Korea in a hurry. Why? I dunno, but a lot of them do stupid things...

On the year - Look at the serial number. You'll have two letters, then a number (the year) and then a letter (the month) that the frame was welded. That's about as close as you'll get, because they sometimes welded a bunch and didn't build them up until later.
    Hope this helps!
    Baron
    Last edited by BigBaron; 09-30-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: add a compliment

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    The guy I got it from was a giant himself - I had to lower the seat to reach the pedals.

I paid $650 for it with a few extras thrown in. It seemed like a decent price for the good condition that it's in.

Thanks for the tip on the year. I'll have to flip it over when I get home.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My ride Only payed $150 so im happy
    2002 Giant nrs 2 xtc pro series 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NRS PICS, a little lovin for the nrs that could!-imag0179.jpg  

NRS PICS, a little lovin for the nrs that could!-imag0412.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Managed to snap the bolt that was holding the seat in
    It snapped when i was riding out of my drive way. My ass hit the rear tire and the pole cut the side of my leg. Lucky i didnt lose my testicles or my ass hole virginity haha. But all seriousness that could of been much worse especially if i was riding off the road gutter. Feel a bit scared now going to take a while to regain confidence on this bike. Makes me wonder what else is loose or weak on the bike. Anyone else had similar problems? You might want to check your seat now just to be sure haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NRS PICS, a little lovin for the nrs that could!-imag0617.jpg  

mtbr member
    It's just the seat post bolt. Get a good seat post if you can't get a new bolt. The frame on these is pretty strong.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I already fixed it with a new bolt. And my frame has a dint on the top of it when i bought it. Wouldnt go as far as to say these frames are strong but they arent cheap.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

uncommon paint scheme/

here is one you don't see very often.carbon team Mobile issue-think they were only sold in euro......keep them rolling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NRS PICS, a little lovin for the nrs that could!-nrs-team-mobile.jpg  

mtbr member

2004 NRS Air (small 16.5). Great bike, now looking for a new home

The NRS has been a fun bike (my first FS) but I just got a Trance 27.5 1 and now need to find a home for the NRS. I've added several upgrades during the 4 years that I've owned it (SLX crankset, Thomson stem and seatpost, Hope Pro 2 Evo/Stans Crest wheelset). The bike was in primo shape when I bought it and still looks and rides great. Any thought on it's value?
    NRS PICS, a little lovin for the nrs that could!-full-right-reduced.jpgNRS PICS, a little lovin for the nrs that could!-left-rear-reduced.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Hi,
    I've got my hands on an old NRS frame and i want to build myself a FS. It's the one with cabling on top of the top tube instead of below. I've been searching for info about the build and model but no luck. Does anyone know anything about it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! early NRS -XtC?

Quote Originally Posted by eightv View Post
    Hi,
    I've got my hands on an old NRS frame and i want to build myself a FS. It's the one with cabling on top of the top tube instead of below. I've been searching for info about the build and model but no luck. Does anyone know anything about it?
    just a early design before refinement? 1999 Giant XtC DS1 - BikePedia don't see too many-congrats on the find.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Everything seem to fit but mine got a differrent back wheel mounting part. But i've found some more info about these on a german giant community forum.

XTC DS 1

Rahmen: Alcoa CU-92 mit integr. Steuersatz
    Gabel: Rock Shox SID XC
    Dämpfer: Rock Shox SID adjustable
    Schaltung (vorne / hinten): Shimano LX / XT
    Bremsen (vorne / hinten): MPH I
    Laufräder (Naben / Felgen / Reifen): Formula / Mavic X 223 Disc / Michelin Wildgripper Comp
    ehem. VK: 3.999,- DM
    Gewicht: 12,4 kg (ohne Gewähr)

XTC DS 2

Rahmen: Alcoa CU-92 mit integr. Steuersatz
    Gabel: Rock Shox Judy XC
    Dämpfer: Rock Shox SID
    Schaltung (vorne / hinten): SRAM ESP 7.0
    Bremsen (vorne / hinten): MPH I
    Laufräder (Naben / Felgen / Reifen): Formula / Rigida Taurus Disc / Michelin Wildgripper Comp
    ehem. VK: 3.199,- DM
    Gewicht: 12,6 kg (ohne Gewähr)

XTC DS 3

Rahmen: Aluxx
    Gabel: SR Suntour MG 91
    Dämpfer: Rock Shox SID
    Schaltung (vorne / hinten): SRAM ESP 7.0
    Bremsen (vorne / hinten): Formula MD 1
    Laufräder (Naben / Felgen / Reifen): Formula / Rigida ZAC 19 / Michelin Wildgripper
    ehem. VK: 2.499,- DM
    Gewicht: 13,4 kg (ohne Gewähr)

The frames all look the same (?)

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23