Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrsrex
    good to see that this baby thread i started is still alive and kicking! awesome pics ya'll!

but i do miss my nrs too, if only i could have em both!
    Glad to see that you're not "too good" for the NRS thread now that you've changed up your ride

-Dave

Downunder Mojophile
    A couple of pics of my NRS. Hasn't missed a beat over the last 2 years.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey here is mine. I bought it new last summer. It's a beatiful bike and rides very well.
    Great suspension sistem that does not need lockout.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Here are a few pics of my son's NRS 3 xtc I recently bought used. I think that it is a 2001. It came from Ozzy and currently lives on central Vancouver Island.

The tires, saddle and grips are all new, just for him. He loves it and is learning to tear up our local trails on it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

nrs 1 frameset

hi everyone. if anyone is interested i am selling my nrs 1 frameset. its a 2003 frame bought brand new in 2005 from lbs. has been ridden only one season in 2006.maybe total of 50 miles. its a size 16.5 and is in excellent shape. has never been trail ridden. only light cross country racing. i dont race anymore and have moved on to a trance for trail riding. color is team blue and has rock shox sid with rebound adjustment. also comes with fsa headset. paid $600 asking $300. i will post pics as soon as i can. also has xt front derailler. let me know if anyone is interested. thanx.

sincerely craig.

bi-winning
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Ryan, i'm really NOT trying to jinx you, but ..... think it's time to, uhhh, maybe upgrade your frame. You know, maybe something that's a little more suiting to what you ride?

I'm not surprised you killed your old HT.

Who's in the background?
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Ryan, i'm really NOT trying to jinx you, but ..... think it's time to, uhhh, maybe upgrade your frame. You know, maybe something that's a little more suiting to what you ride?

I'm not surprised you killed your old HT.

Who's in the background?

Advice noted.

I am always looking for technical challenges, but most of the riding i do is not that gnarly - i just take the most pictures of the tech stuff because they are more interesting. I do a fair amount of racing and fast group rides as well, so i want something efficient. Before i got the NRS, i test rode the Trance - more beefy - and the suspension felt a little soft for my liking. It would have added a LOT of weight over a hardtail frame as well. And, my 80mm fork would not be a good match for a 4-5" travel bike.

Just curious, what would you suggest instead?

If i could get any frame for free right this instant, i would go for either a Rocky Mountain Element or a Norco Faze - both 4" XC bikes.

The person in the background is my sister
    Last edited by rkj__; 05-22-2007 at 06:01 PM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I need some help!
    There's a lot of Giant NRS fans here and I'm looking for an expert....

I have a 2004 Giant XTC 960, which has worked fine until last winter.
    SInce then pedalling uphills have been increasingly hard since the back wheel under heavy pedalling deflects and is pulled so that the tyre makes contact and rubs against the frame.

I have replaced the rear wheel - so new hub is present. I have also replaced all the bearing in the rear of the bike. I have inspected the frame very closely and can't see any cracks or bends anywhere!

So I want to know if anybody else has had a problem with their NRS's rear wheels?

To recap EVERYTHING has been replaced in the system apart from the frame - but I can't see any fault with it!

Cheers your friend from across the pond,

Glyn

mtbr member
    Here is a picture of my NRS, made this summer in the French Alps.
    I had some very good times with this bike, but some serious trouble too.
    The picture is nice though.

During that holiday the back started to feel soft, as if I had a flat tire.
    The rear wheel touched the rear under heavy pedaling, just as discribed above.
    The bearings were free of play at that time, but a bearing between the seatstay and the rocker cracked a few days later.
    The rear triangle seems to be disforming outward slowly.
    This NRS frame goes back to the distributor, this is the 4th frame during my 5 year warranty...
    Lets hope their service is still as good as the last time.
    Last edited by thasingletrackmastah; 09-13-2007 at 05:43 AM.
    Belgian beer and Scotch whisky.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    NRS1

Specs:
    Frame: 16.5" NRS carbon
    Fork: Reba race
    Rear shock: Fox Float R
    Derailleur Front: Shimano XT
    Rear:Shimano XT
    Cranks: Shimano XT
    Shifters: Shimano XT
    Cassette: Shimano XT
    Chain: KMC 9SL
    Wheels:XTR
    Tires: F Schwalbe Nobby Nic R Schwalbe Racing Ralph
    Brakes: XT levers, XTR calipers
    Pedals: Exustar Ti (205gm per pair)
    Stem: KCNC Wing Scandium
    Handlebar: RaceFace Next SL carbon low riser
    Seatpost: Kore Carbon I-Beam
    Saddle: SDG Bel-Air SL I-Beam
    Grips: Jet Black lock on

I built this up with a 2nd hand frame, parts I had laying about and a few ebay purchases. New parts are bars, stem, chain, seat and post.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    '01 Xtc Team in its happy place:

Cross Country Rider
    Jan 2007
    My 01' Giant NRS 2 XTC, I bought the frame from a friend, I built it using some Deore componensts. The only parts I need to upgrade are Crank set and the suspension Fork.

Current Spec.

Fork: Mozo 150a 80mm
    Rear Deraillure: Deore LX
    Front Deraillure: Entry level Shimano
    Breake Levers: Deore
    Shifters: Deore
    Brakes: Avid BB5

mtbr member
    I have a 2005 NRS air, full carbon frame etc. look like all the pics posted up hear. They really look nice when cleaned up and shiney!! I replaced the forks with 115 mm marzocchi. rear is stock. It's handled my 200lbs for the last 3 years. with no problem. my friends ride single track, the switch to the Marzocchi fork really helped taking on the ruts and sand. save my ass several times.

it is for sale at a great price. the bike can be seen at Summit Ski and Cycles in Westchester, Ca near LAX. If you are interested pm me.
    Wayne

mtbr member
    Here's a pic of my 04' NRS Air that I purchased new two years ago. Since the purchase I've pretty much done a full rebuilt except for the crank.

I know this is an old thread, but where can I still find SGF rocker arms in order to extend my rear suspension travel?

Ski during the off-season
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamic213
    Here's a pic of my 04' NRS Air that I purchased new two years ago. Since the purchase I've pretty much done a full rebuilt except for the crank...

I know this is an old thread, but where can I still find SGF rocker arms in order to extend my rear suspension travel?
    Nice looking bike. I thought the 2004's had a slightly different rear tri-angle & came with a Fox rear shock? Eitherway, its a nice looking ride ;-)

Regarding the rocker arms, the company that used to make them doesn't appear to be around any longer. A couple of suggestions would be to post a 'wtb' listing in the Giant forum--you may get lucky and someone will either have an extra set or will have an older NRS and they no longer need them. Alternately, you can try to find them on ebay (set-up a search for it that will email you if they are listed).

I did a google search and the only thing I saw that was related was from an site 'down under':
    Hello my name is Sergio Velazquez from SGF Components.

We make rocker arms for the Giant NRS that gives up to 4 1/2" of travel and for the Giant AC that will give up to 7" of travel...

I am looking for elite or expert racers who will ride and promote our parts in Australia. You can go to our webiste at sgfcomponents.com to take a look at what we have or e-mail me at sgfcomponents@charter.net to get more information.

Thanks, Sergio
    Maybe Sergio is a user on the forum and can tell you if he has any left...

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I've been looking on ebay but to no avail. I'll try to post on this forum and see if anyone's got any connections to a set.

I love Pisgah
    Thats an 03. For 04 the rear shock was a Fox. Rear chainstays changed, as did the rockers. I still have 2 NRS framesin service(02,03).

Heres a small 04 NRS1. Note shock, rockers, short elbow area on rear chainstay. My teammates at the 07 Dauset 12 hour. Carebear(the NRS rider on the right) and I raced 2 man Open and snag'd 2nd place with 130 miles.

I have some custom "blue" SGF rockers that have hardly anytime on them... Had some black ones as well. Work well. Just be aware you have to boost your rr shock up aprox 20psi more=puts more stress on the rear shock because of the added leverage.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

I love Pisgah
    Send me a PM if you can't find any. I do have the blue rockers I could let go of. Half of what they cost would be fine I guess. And they're almost new as well.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

mtbr member
    Duckman you've got PM.

BTW you're right, my frame is an 03'. Though the owner told me that it was an 04' ( I didn't know anything about NRS back then)

Living the High Life
    I sold it 2 months ago after having it for 4 summers....

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Here's my NRS 2005. I know it's nothing special. That's why I plan to replace it by the carbon version. Do you think I should get a medium instead of the small?
    [SIZE="2"](I am 5'8" and inseam is 33". The small NRS corners like crazy, but it could be a bit more stable on fast long downhills.)[/SIZE]

Cross Country Rider
    Jan 2007
    yep you should get a Medium, if you are 5'8 that bike it is too small for you. I am 5'9 and my bike is a Medium (17.5") and the frame it is a little small for me. But I adjusted the seat to my height an it is fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by albertf15
    yep you should get a Medium, if you are 5'8 that bike it is too small for you. I am 5'9 and my bike is a Medium (17.5") and the frame it is a little small for me. But I adjusted the seat to my height an it is fine.

I don't think it's as clear cut as that. I'm 5'8" and the 16.5" NRS carbon fits fine. I'd say see if you can try them to see which one fits best.

formerly "nandomax"
    My Chupacabra 2.0 as of Nov. 2007:

(That's a 4.5" travel bike you're looking at)

And here's the Chupacabra:

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast