Figment of Imagination

NRS Fork Upgrades

In light of the "Fatal Error" search results, I'm calling out to all you NRS owners to ask for help in researching fork options...

What forks have you tried on your rides, and how have they performed? I'm interested to see who uses what...

Thanks in advance!
    I may be crazy, but I'm not Stupid!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i went straight for gold with a RockShox REBA, '05 model, set to 100mm travel. fantastic fork for both value and performance.

i have used an older Manitou Skareb on the XtC hardtail, but swapped that too for a REBA. Skareb lacked damping performance and stiffness, although was marginally lighter. i'm happy to have the extra weight now though.

the other i shortlisted was the Fox F80/100 (eg: F80/100RLT version). the 'terralogic' F80x/100x don't sound that great, lacking adjustments and relying too much on 'automation'. and this was before the release of the Manitou R7.

100mm travel seems to be a favoured setup. whilst it slackens the headtube/steering angle slightly, it doesn't leave the bike a slouch, and provides that extra travel.

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    rode the stock skareb for 3 years and hated it. late last year switched to a zoke marathon xc and have had a smile on my face ever since.

adjustible between 100mm and 120mm. i leave it at 100 to retain stock geometry as much as possible.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I'm running an '05 Marathon SL, and it's great. It does jack up the front end a little bit, but it's super smooth and stiff. I'm happy I made the switch.

mtbr member
    I love my 2006 R7.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I used a Skareb Super SPV '04 on my NRS.It was a nice and pretty light fork but the travel was not enough for me.End of last year I sold the Skareb and put a Minute 1/taken from my VT/.With adjustable 90-120mm of travel it matched the NRS perfectly for my taste- climbing at 90 and descending at 120.I sold the NRS 30 days ago, but I was thinkinkg of replacing the Minute with a Reba, because I tried my friend's NRS with this fork and I.M.H.O. this is the best value for money fork you can put on an NRS.

Trail Sanitizer
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceh
    switched to a zoke marathon xc and have had a smile on my face ever since.

adjustible between 100mm and 120mm. i leave it at 100 to retain stock geometry as much as possible.
    Me too.