Thread: Nrs 2006?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Nrs 2006?

I was just looking at the giant website. It shows the new models, i don't see the nrs... did they stop making them, i need a new bike. I wanted one. Anyone know if they are coming out later?

MBAA!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon87654
    I was just looking at the giant website. It shows the new models, i don't see the nrs... did they stop making them, i need a new bike. I wanted one. Anyone know if they are coming out later?
    The NRS line has been discontinued by Giant.

There was a thread somewhere, some company is continueing with the NRS frame. Cant find the thread, was it Orbea?
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es

There was a thread somewhere, some company is continueing with the NRS frame. Cant find the thread, was it Orbea?
    It was Bianchi

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

Pic

Quote Originally Posted by andrextr
    It was Bianchi
    from Bianchi's site.

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    yeah, replaced by the Anthem. lots of threads about the Anthem to read about. although not on sale in Australia where i live until later next year.

jury's out as to whether the Anthem is a significant improvement or not. i guess Giant wouldn't release a bike they didn't think was at least as good, but apparently they didn't discontinue the NRS because it was a dud, but because of the licensing costs for the rear suspension design. rather than continue to pay to use the design - adding to the cost of the bike - they went back to the drawing board and now use 'Maestro' on all their FS bikes.

i'm sure many LBSs still have NRS's in stock if you search around. i had no troubles buying one here just before christmas.

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]

aka 'Grover'
    just a note for those in australia wanting an anthem. they should be much earlier than late next year. giant already have atleast one over here which looks wicked in all white. sponsored riders have been told they'll have one in january and should be available to the public in february.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon87654
    I might have a carbon 2004 NRS, and a carbon 2005 NRS for sale here in the near future. Both are in primo condition. If they go up for sale, I will post something in this Giant thread.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I saw an anthem on a race in Canberra this month...so they are in Australia - maybe not via the Giant Australia distribution yet!

enjoy the view

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    from Bianchi's site.

Cheers,
    Cris
    IS THIS BIANCHI THE NEW NRS FOR 06?

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by nrsrex
    IS THIS BIANCHI THE NEW NRS FOR 06?
    I suppose that is one way of looking at it.

Sure, the NRS lives on, just not under the Giant name.

Again looks a little different in the rear dropout area. Not likely improved.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Am I right in thinking that the Bianchi version is only available outside of North America? I can't find it on the US website, only the Italian one.