Thread: Noob

mtbr member

Noob

Hey all, just wanted to pop and and say hi. My 4 year old just recently learned how to ride w/o trainers so I decided I needed to get a bike. I did not heed the advice of a co-worker and went and bought a Wal-Mart bike. Boy was that a mistake, I was on it probably 10 minutes and parked it. Decided to fork out a little more dough and get low end decent bike and after much debate settled on the Giant Rincon. Had my heart set on a Cannondale but some kick ass customer service and a nice military discount, couldn't pass up the Giant. Went out for about a 2 mile bike ride as soon as I got it home with my son and we had a blast. We are definately upgrading his 12" ASAP!!! LOL. Now I can't wait to get it out on some trails with some of my co-workers. Can tell already I am going to love this new hobby....You all take care.

2 minutes turkish
    this is just the beginning

welcome to the family

Prone To Internet Drama
    Nov 2008
    Wait another year and you'll be able to pick up a Cannondale at Walmart Your better off with the Giant even though it may not have such a flashy name or image it is a solid bike from a solid company and IMO alot more "bang for the buck".

mtbr member
    I know I will be so much happier with the bike I got. I love the Giant. Can't stay off it. So...if you see me walkin' a little funny.