Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New wheels for a trance X

862 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ridermtb 
#1 ·
It pulls off some mild jumping with my large butt on it (210lbs/95kg) and bombs down some trails and occasional uncharted land taht varies from light rock to VERY rooty trails. Im going to throw a Revelation with the Maxle Lite 20mm thru axle on it so I was wondering for all this what wheels would you recommend without breaking 800ish dollars(usd) for the set? Thanks for any help in advance

#3 ·
many people think they are too narrow for larger tires but mavic 819's are strong rims and ust to boot. laced to a nice hub with the engagement of your choice (hadley, ck, dt/swiss, etc) and you have a nice strong set of wheels.

i'm only 185-190 lbs rtr but my 819's laced to 240s hubs with revolution spokes (yes revolutions) have held up to the rocky AZ desert for over 2 years on 3 bikes.

#5 ·
Have used a set of Mavic 819's on Hope Pro 2's for 3 years. Universal Cycles built mine up. The set even received some real abuse on a hard-tail for a while before going on the Trance X. I looked at trying out Stan's Arch or Flow rims with the same hubs. In the end, I came across a store in Thailand selling Easton Havens for 650 USD. That worked for me and my fork (15mm). But I would have been just as happy with the Stan's rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.