mtbr member
    May 2008

New Trance....tires are junk...what to get?

I got a new Trance xo and have ridden it twice. The stock tires are junk and it feels like the bike is on ice skates. On my 26 I run Nevgals and they were great. Heavy but planted. What works good on 29s especially on the front?

mtbr member
    WTB's. Bronson or weirwolfs in Northern California. I just did downieville today on my 2013 trance x1 and it rocked. The tires worked as well...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

New Trance....tires are junk...what to get?

I've been impressed with the Nobby Nics so far on my X1. They're working better than I expected for the trails in my area.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Interesting! from what ive read the nobby nics are one of the better all around tires. I've also read that if you turn the front one around so its mounted backwards that the grip is much better, and has about the same rolling resistance. I haven't tried this but there is numerous threads saying you should try this before switching!

the nics on my trance x2 seem to do pretty well here on our single tracks.. but then again I don't have anything to compare it to. hope this helps!

mtbr member
    I had issues with the Ra Ra's that came on my Anthem. I ended up with a Mountain King 2.4 up front, and a Psycho Genius in the back. Traction issues (especially in turns) are a thing of the past for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    consider that the front end of the trance doesn't have much of your weight on it. many of us have moved our seats a little forward and flipped the stem over to get more weight over the front end for better handling. My x1 is rocking pretty good now with the NN's. It was lively in the front before.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    i like the nobby nics on my bike . and especially since going tubeless .

HAHA PWN
    Conti Trail King 2.2 and Mountain King 2.4 in the rear. The TK are really close to 2.4. I'm also a really big fan of Bontrager XR4 2.3 in the front.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Loving the nobby nics on my x1

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I inverted my stem today and set the pressure at about 32 lbs and gained a bunch of front end grip. I have no issues w/ the Nobby Nics on my XO!

mtbr member
    I got 1100km out of the OE NNs on my TX29 0. I was going to stick with the Schwalbes but MAXXIS won out in the choice. Maxxis ARDENT 2.25s are simply awesome, They roll fast and a very reliable in hard cornering. Even perform well in mud.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I just mounted up the Maxxis Ikon 29x2.35 and love the huge amount of grip it gained up front over the stock NN.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    OP should just sell the bike for whatever he can get for it. I wouldn't keep a bike if I didn't like the tires!! And I read in another thread that the bike makes noise!!

If it was me I would ghost ride this bike off a cliff into a lake, obviously the permanent tires on these silly machines cannot be fixed.

Op should start a support group for trance x29 riders and get the other complainer involved. (Wait what? Same troll? Weird)