mtbr member
    Jul 2009

New Glory 0 with Vivid Air

I have just purchased a new 2013 glory 0 and it has come with a vivid air for some reason when the web site says a coil, has anyone else had this issue?

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Says Vivid Air R2C right on the website...at least for the U.S. version. Looks as if you are in the U.K. though? Maybe out of the coil rear end model over there or something? Check with whatever shop you ordered through, see if they'll let you do a swap.

I'm going to assume you looked at the bike to see what was on it before buying...but maybe not? Ordered up site unseen?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Says Vivid Air R2C right on the website...at least for the U.S. version. Looks as if you are in the U.K. though? Maybe out of the coil rear end model over there or something? Check with whatever shop you ordered through, see if they'll let you do a swap.

I'm going to assume you looked at the bike to see what was on it before buying...but maybe not? Ordered up site unseen?
    Yea im in the UK, I oredered it from my LBS but it was not in stock at the time. I looked at the bike on the UK Giant web site and it claims it a coil shock.

I just dont know if I want to try out the air and then find I was to change it to a coil

2010 Glory custom FR
    I've just tried Vivid Air R2 on my Glory. Not really impressed with the shock. However, still have to play with some adjustments until CC DBA arrives
    pozdro
    frango

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by stejam View Post
    Yea im in the UK, I oredered it from my LBS but it was not in stock at the time. I looked at the bike on the UK Giant web site and it claims it a coil shock.

I just dont know if I want to try out the air and then find I was to change it to a coil
    I'm thinking then you just ended up getting a U.S. version.

The Vivid Air is a nice shock, but it does take some time and tweaking to get feeling good. I'd got one on my Reign-X and love the thing, particularly compared to the stock DHX-A it replaced.

Try and swap it out if your really want a coil? Or pick up a coil anyhow, sell the Vivid Air, or keep it as a back up shock? Ride it and see how it feels?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks everyone I think I will give it a go!

cowbell
    If worst comes to worst, you can just send the whole rig to me ..... - I hope you enjoy it! Don't be afraid to fiddle with the settings on the shock to get it right. I think you'll find it a more tunable ride than the coil would be.

mtbr member
    To my surprise my Glory 2 also came with the Vivid Air...a nice upgrade from the kage.
    Yeti ASR-7- (DHX RC4)
    Trek Lexa SLX- roadie