mtbr member
    May 2004

Bonking ... not feelin' well New fork for Rainier

I am looking for a new fork for my 03 Rainier to replace the stock EXR AIR 03 fork. wat wuld be a good option? I do mostly XC, throw in some trail riding. I am thinkin along the lines of a psylo race, sid, or skareb (because the last 2 are lite), maybe a duke

any suggestions?

btw is the exr air suppose to feel so sticky brand new? i v been riding it for a few hours now... its gettin smoother... guess it jus needs to be broken into... ionno

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hmm, the exr might just need some breaking in before its smoother, my vote for a fork upgrade would go to the 100mm skareb though, do you do much or plan to do much racing? what do you guys think would be a good fork upgrade for the ranier?

bi-winning

Give it time

Quote Originally Posted by doanster
    I am looking for a new fork for my 03 Rainier to replace the stock EXR AIR 03 fork. wat wuld be a good option? I do mostly XC, throw in some trail riding. I am thinkin along the lines of a psylo race, sid, or skareb (because the last 2 are lite), maybe a duke

any suggestions?

btw is the exr air suppose to feel so sticky brand new? i v been riding it for a few hours now... its gettin smoother... guess it jus needs to be broken into... ionno
    have the same fork, and at the beginning, it did not seem to great, but after i got past the "break in" period, i was much more satisfied. However, the EXR is not the smoothest fork out ther, but i like that mine never bottoms out. My dad's Manitoo black comp 80-100mm is way smoother, but easy to bottom out. I think that you should give the EXR a little time before you toss it asside.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    have the same fork, and at the beginning, it did not seem to great, but after i got past the "break in" period, i was much more satisfied. However, the EXR is not the smoothest fork out ther, but i like that mine never bottoms out. My dad's Manitoo black comp 80-100mm is way smoother, but easy to bottom out. I think that you should give the EXR a little time before you toss it asside.
    Thats good to hear! Thanks
    Yea... even at low pressures the fork rarely reaches the end of its travel
    How long was the "break in period" for your EXR?