mtbr member
    Nov 2011

New fork has landed

After much discussion on various forums between the Rock shox revelation and the fox float fork i settled for the fox, and so happy i did. 140mm of the best trail fork around. happy days

RP2 rear shock will be ordered as soon as i have the spare cash and ill look at replacing the drivetrain as and when. 1x10 set up is most probable.

mtbr member
    mmmm kashima.. jelly!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    smooths the word

mtbr member
    jelly = as in im jealous

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    oh thought u ment squidgy and floppy, which it can be if not run at correct air pressures, too many knobs and bits to play with so setting it up could take a while.

mtbr member
    My word that's sexy. Drooling!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Time to replace that rear shock next!! ...and then after that send the rear shock to Push...and then after that... :P

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If nothing else, matches the frame graphics perfectly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    here it is on its first run out, conditions weren't the best but had a bit of fun on hard packed ice and snow

the fork is awesome, smooth,light and gorgeous. just need a decent rider to get the most out of it now

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Nice!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have a very similar fork (non Kashma Float 140 RLC) on my Trance X as well. The only issued I've encountered is during stair jumping. When I try to do short stair jumps the front end feels fine while the rear end seems to be blowing through travel, I have a 2011 Trance X2 with the RP2 boost valve shock.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mefistofeles View Post
    I have a very similar fork (non Kashma Float 140 RLC) on my Trance X as well. The only issued I've encountered is during stair jumping. When I try to do short stair jumps the front end feels fine while the rear end seems to be blowing through travel, I have a 2011 Trance X2 with the RP2 boost valve shock.
    the only difference between the 2 forks is the kashima coating and the fork seals which can be changed anyway, what length is your rear shock? i want an rp23 when i can afford it but dont know if to go for a slightly longer shock, currently got a 184mm shock on it

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have the stock RP2 rear shock, so we're probably in the same boat as rear shocks are concerned. Rock Shox does make a Monarch in 7.25X1.75 and Push Industries will work on it,although I'm not sure if Push actually stocks Monarch shocks in that length.

From what I understand the best way to go if you have a Trance X is to buy a Monarch and have Push modify it. Occasionally OEM RP23's are available in that length but they are few and far between.