May contain nuts

New CK headset fits Giant's HT

mtbr member
    So CK finally produced an integrated headset.
    Sorry, it's an Inset headset, not an integrated one..

I guess the move by a lot of bike companies to the integrated standard finally made them join the party...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    That's the biggest bunch of hype BS I have ever read!

Giant Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dorongr
    So CK finally produced an integrated headset.
    Sorry, it's an Inset headset, not an integrated one..

I guess the move by a lot of bike companies to the integrated standard finally made them join the party...
    this is no integrated headset,but internal...with the integrated you fit the bearing directly into the headtube.
    I-GOP innovative good products on Facebook: GoPro Camera, Dimar-HBM carbonfiber frames, Rotor and more...

bi-winning
    The bling factor is noticeably less with the inset model.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Did ya'll notice that it is mounted in an Anthem X frame?

Hype BS? Who cares? It is a King Headset I can put in my Giant. After five Giant frames it will be nice to have a new King headset again. I had them (and still do) on all my other bikes. My Waterford hardtail is 13 years old with the original King headset. My Anthem X is the best bike I've had since getting that Waterford. So, if I have an opportunity to get a headset that will last longer than the frame, that's not hype. That's fact.

And the bling factor is still there. It's a King Headset. Nuff said.

mtbr member
    I’m probably going to get one, damn FSA one keep dying on my Trance.

mtbr member
    Quote from CK website:
    "We began testing InSet™ in early 2008 by working with a number of custom framebuilders in every frame material available today. As of late February 2009, we are close to the completion of our final phase of testing which includes a number of custom bicycles showcased at the 2009 National Handmade Bicycle Show in Indianapolis. Further, InSet™ has been chosen by one of the most prominent international mountain bike teams as official team equipment for the 2009 season. (Official announcement will be made March 5th). With this final round of feedback now coming in, we expect to have limited rollout of InSet™ through the spring with greater availability in June of this year."

Yes it is a fugin' hype. Anyway you slice it. CK acting like they needed to spend some massive amount of time developing a headset that has been around for a decade. Reading their superhype pretty much guarantee's that I will never buy any of their products. Just say you were wrong about internal headsets and realize they work well.

You know what PT Barnum said! Now CK uses FSA Orbit Z design and suddenly it's a miracle of modern engineering and it most likely uses the same aluminum and bearings. Chris King sure ate a lot of Crow on this one! I wish my ego was comforted by having someone else's name printed on my headset!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wormvine; 03-01-2009 at 03:16 PM.