mtbr member

new anthem 29er, FOX RP23 propedal not working?

Just finished building up my new anthem and am a little disappointed in the RP23 which doesn't seem to be working properly. I can't tell the difference with the propedal on or off in any level of propedal, my previous experience with this shock is that there was a huge difference with it on and off. I just wanted to check to see how everyone else's RP23 are working as maybe giant had fox tune them to be extra wimpy or something? Stupid giant should be putting monarchs on the frames anyways.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Eh, I ride a large (whatever tune that comes with), and weigh 190ish, probably 200 lbs with gear. Have not been super impressed with the propedal option on my rear shock. Attended one of the rock shox demo days and was really impressed with their monarch rear.

I basically find that with 'correct' sag, 20-25%, that allows me to get full travel out of the shock I get tons of bob under pedal pressure throughout the RPM range. At super low RPM it's less of an issue but anything over say 50-60 it's very noticable.

Honestly will probably try going to the RS rear end, as during the demo it just rode that much better. A bit disappointing but it is what it is.

mtbr member
    So your RP23 doesn't offer any platform either with the propedal set on?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Not with 'correct' sag and if I'm trying to get full use of my 4" of travel. Mind you I notice it's on but I wouldn't say that it works as advertised. Keep in mind it's not designed to be a lockout, just require a larger bump to activate squish.

Maybe I'm just too fat for the shock / tune -_- Regadless the Monarch I demo'd (on my bike) felt tons better with less bob.

mtbr member
    yup can't say I notice that mine is on at all, guess it is bum. on my old yeti I could definitely feel the platform when I would switch it on and it worked pretty good at keeping bob at minimum. I think I'll go for a monarch now