Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New 2009 bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

New 2009 bikes.

Curious as to when pics/info on the 2009 bikes will be available?
    I'm specifically interested in the Anthem, especially if indeed there will be a 100mm version.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Any "insiders" out there?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxson
    Curious as to when pics/info on the 2009 bikes will be available?
    Anyone? I'm waiting to see if the '09 STP is any better, or if I should just get an '08.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by frobnitz
    Anyone? I'm waiting to see if the '09 STP is any better, or if I should just get an '08.
    get the 08. prices are gonna go up alot for 09 and they generally dont change anything other then paint on dj/urban bikes yearly

mtbr member
    There will be the Anthem X in '09 coming with 100mm. Saw the first pics when our rep was at the shop. It is looking similar to the current Trance models.

I AM I AM
    Check the Giant Australia website, the rec range is up already - this includes the STP's - but not the 0 or Pro model.

For the rest of the range you will have to wait until what - Oct / Nov when they normally come out, this means Anthem, STP 0, STP Pro etc etc.

Giant seems to keep their bikes pretty well under wraps until they are released.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    hey guys im stuck now.

not sure if i wait till 2009 then get my bike or grab a 2008 now?

if i grab a 2008,i cannot enjoy the economic of scale whereby they will offer closeout deal

but i heard in 2009,bikes prices are gona go up by 10-20%

its a tough decision now

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    From my understanding, Giant is running low on a lot of bikes, so I would guess there will not be any close out on that particular bike, or any good ones for that matter. But, being from the midwest, we dont stock any high end bikes, we order them when someone wants one, so I dont really know what is left.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    a new hardtail coming as well
    blogging about bikes, cycling industry, racing, and adventures at mikegore.net

Cycle Solutions
    will there be a carbon Anthem X??

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbgore
    not XTC anymore?

anthem running low in stock?OMG....but im still really really stuck.
    as today's already june,im not sure,if anthem 08 is gona gets cheaper or should i wait another few months to see the 2009 lineup>?

by the way2009 will surface in somewhere in sep right?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by liv_rong
    From my understanding, Giant is running low on a lot of bikes, so I would guess there will not be any close out on that particular bike, or any good ones for that matter. But, being from the midwest, we dont stock any high end bikes, we order them when someone wants one, so I dont really know what is left.
    It might just depend on the shop. I purchased the Trance X1 for $2050 this past Thursday and the bike retails for $2700.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec.Black
    It might just depend on the shop. I purchased the Trance X1 for $2050 this past Thursday and the bike retails for $2700.

When I say higher end I am talking about the mountain bikes. My understanding is any giant dealer can order any bike as long as it is in stock, at least we can. Did the shop you got it the Trance from have it in stock? And how is that bike?

No more XTC?? I just got mine, maybe I should have held out for next years and got my fs this year intead

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I just picked up a new 08 Anthem 1 for 2,099. Deals can be had if you look around.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Maybe, cuz I need to wait for the 07 Anthem eventhough I ordered my bike mid of 06. So its like 4 months of wait....
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

I AM I AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mbgore
    A nice FR HT would go well in their range or perhaps an AM one with say up to 140mm travel and more size availability than the STP?
    Can't see why they'd need to add another XC model.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Atown117
    I just picked up a new 08 Anthem 1 for 2,099. Deals can be had if you look around.
    im looking for the anthem 0,caused of its fox rp23 rear shock.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    sorry to come here and make some stupid qn.haha.im ridng xc.....im sure many of you would suggest the anthem to me.however i read at other threads,that some fellows riders prefer the trance.

so can someone enlighten?

mtbr member

nope

Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    will there be a carbon Anthem X??
    not this year

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    wait for 2009 anthem with 100mm travel

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    wait for 2009 anthem with 100mm travel
    arh ha...ok.but im just afraid of its price....hearing said that 10-20% INCREMENT

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by liv_rong
    When I say higher end I am talking about the mountain bikes. My understanding is any giant dealer can order any bike as long as it is in stock, at least we can. Did the shop you got it the Trance from have it in stock? And how is that bike?
    "When I say higher end I am talking about the mountain bikes." I am lost as to what you are saying here? I assumed we were talking about mountain bikes.

Very true, any Giant dealer can order anything in stock.

Yeah the bike shop had it in stock. Two other shops were willing to give me the same price on an order also....

The bike is awesome. It handles and corners extremely well. From the little bit of climbing I've done, I wouldn't hesitate to say that it climbs about as well as my 07' Stumpjumper HT. The rear suspension is awesome. It doesn't "bob" at all, which makes it very responsive as you could guess.

It's the most comfortable bike I've ridden in a long time. I compared it against the Specialized SJ FSR Elite, Santa Cruz Blur LT, Cannondale Rize (demo bike), and the Trek Fuel EX 8. It blew those bikes away in just about every measureable way. The bike that came close to the Trance was the Rize. Of course, that's an "all-mountain" bike.

I was a bit hesitant to make the switch from Specialized after owning them the past 4 years, but I am glad I made the switch. I don't like what Specialized is becoming. My impressions of the new Stumpy FSR's was really, really bad.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Atown117
    im like incline towards the anthem 0due to the rp23 rear shock.how is the rp2 shock then?

is it ayway much better or nth much different from rp23 on the mastero design?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    i thought i have sorted my stuff out by heading to my lbs today to grab a anthem 0.who knows my lbs said they dont sell the frame itself,must buy the complete bike.

god damn.i was on mid-budget,and was working on something reliable and afforadable instead of complete stock which comes with high end parts......

having said that,should i grab a anthem 1,which sells by the frame itself BUT WITH RP 2 shock,or should i wait for anthem X FRAME?

OR SHOULD I GRAB THE 08 ANTHEM 0>

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    hey all,im in a situation now.

bike maths!!

let say if i buy a Anthem S,and change the rear shock to rp23 ,to change the bike into an alternate anthem 0 frame,is it more worthwhile doing it like this?as in will it be cheaper?

what's the difference between the ANTHEM O and ANTHEM S huh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast