Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need Swinger Heavy spring for AC 1

545 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Redriderpro 
#1 ·
I'm building up a large 2003 AC 1, the spring on the Swinger is 450 lb, based on my 235 lb rider weight in the 6" position it seems I need at least a 600 lb spring.

Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Thanks

#2 ·
Good luck

I have a 03 giant ac 1 and of course the whimpy rear spring. Manitou states they're going to have a spring heavier than 550 lbs (heaviest one they made when I ordered my spring last year). But still nothing. And with the AC no longer on the market, not sure there'll be much demand for a heavier spring.

Solution: I ended up buying a 700 lb Romic spring. Not a perfect fit but works.

I weigh 200lbs and the 700 lbs is almost right (just a tad soft) for me so I'm guessing you'll need a 750 or 800.

Right now, I'm actually running a 7.875 x 2.25 fox propedal vanilla R with a 750 lb spring. It's perfect. It raised the rear end by 1 inch and added 3/4 inch travel for a total of about 7 inches rear. This helped level out the bike with my 150mm Z1 on the front as I don't have constant access to downhill stuff so do need to pedal the bike. With the Swinger, 7.5 x 2, it just felt too "choppered" out.

anyway, hope that helps

REEK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.