Sin Rider
    Jan 2004

Need some Info VT onwers!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone no the Eye to eye rear shock legth on there VT?

Thanks
    Fly Rider

2010 Glory custom FR
    as far as I know it's 7,5"
    pozdro
    frango

mtbr member
    7.5 i2i with a 2 inch stroke
    Ask me About O Rings (Check the Classified section)

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    Just curious...

What shock are you considering for your VT?

mtbr member
    Try a Fox RP3 and let us know how it went.

Sin Rider
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by frankenbike
    Just curious...

What shock are you considering for your VT?
    Here the deal there is a dealer selling brand new Cane Creek cloud 9 shocks for $168. There suppost to fit Giants VT's. So I wanted to know the eye to eye on the VT's to see if it will work on my Reign. My Reign has the swinger 3 way and I have tried the Cane Creek shock before and loved it. Cane Creek says it will fit on a Reign. $168 for a brand new cloud Nine is a great price.
    Fly Rider

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzer
    Here the deal there is a dealer selling brand new Cane Creek cloud 9 shocks for $168. There suppost to fit Giants VT's. So I wanted to know the eye to eye on the VT's to see if it will work on my Reign. My Reign has the swinger 3 way and I have tried the Cane Creek shock before and loved it. Cane Creek says it will fit on a Reign. $168 for a brand new cloud Nine is a great price.
    Any update on this? Did you get the Cloud 9 and more important, did it fit the reign?
    //Harri

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Must be about time for VTs' rear shocks to give up the ghost. I have a 2003 VT2 with a (presumably original 2003) Swinger 4-way air. During the course of a ride this weekend, the travel shrunk by about half. Pumping the air spring up to 300 lbs, the piston only extends as far as the "25% sag" line. Bleeding all air pressure out of the shock, the piston retracts completely into the air sleeve.

I've done some research here, and found three relevant threads:
    "Just got my 4-way apart after getting it stuck down"
    "air has leaked past the piston of my 4 way, collapsing the shock by half travel."
    "Why does Swinger 3-way suck "in" with 0 psi?"

In some of those threads, people report opening up the shock to "reset the negative pressure".

I also contacted Answer, who said, "The shock has sucked down and will have to be returned for service. You need to have your local shop contact us for an RA# to send the shock in for service. DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THIS SHOCK APART!" This is consistent with their service manual (2004 version, PDF, which says, "If the shock returns to the short travel position, it is not serviceable and the entire shock must be replaced. WARNING: Attempting to service a shock with this condition could result in injury or possible death."

I understand shock dimensions are 7.5x2.0.

Anyone here put a 7.8x2.0 in their VT? How did the Cane Creek fit?