mtbr member
    May 2008

need advice with bike stand

Based on these pictures would you recommend this bike stand for my Trance 1? Does it look stable or should I look elsewhere for the price?

Price is roughly $150 US dollars.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Looks strong, has nice long feet to hold the weight of the bike, has a decent looking clamp and tool table and is nicely priced so I say go for it, just remember to post a pic of your bike in the stand when you get it.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    i got one, they are great and has no issues holding up my 15.5kg Reign. bets xmas presnt ever.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The only place that it will clamp on is the seat post? I was looking at the Trance 1 frame today and if I were to clamp it on the frame it will touch the cable wires...is this ok?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Generally most stands used with mountain bikes are clamped to the seat post and it should be fine on the top tube anyway unless you are adjusting the front derailleur.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2008
    ill order one and take some pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Clamping

Quote Originally Posted by cyba
    The only place that it will clamp on is the seat post? I was looking at the Trance 1 frame today and if I were to clamp it on the frame it will touch the cable wires...is this ok?
    FWIW, many are of the opinion that it is better to clamp to the seat post anyway -- just to make sure you do not damage the seat/top tubes.

mtbr member

spindoctor pro g3

just got one of these and it seems great. easy to fold up and put away holds the bike nice n sturdy. performance has em on sale too, not a bad deal with points and all.

exacerbated member
    That stand will certainly work as a BIKE stand, even for the heaviest free ride bike. It even might be sturdy enough to use as a WORK stand, depending on what kind or work you are doing on the bike.

Things it won’t be stable enough for …

Threading and facing a bb shell, or head tube.
    Reaming a seat tube.
    Straightening a frame. (But should be Ok for aligning dropouts.)

Pretty much any other assy and adjustments should be handled easily with the addition of a couple of sand bags on the legs.