RZK
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Need 100mm+ fork suggestions

I am in the process of upgrading my 02 NRS. I wanted to go with something more cush without getting a 4 inch+ travel freeride rig. I decided to go with a set of 4.5 rockers and need a longer travel fork to go with it.

I haven't kept up much with the parts scene, so I am a bit out of it. Can someone suggest a nice 100mm+ fork to go along with my rockers?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

psylo w/ uTurn

I have the 4.5 rocker and I installed a RS Psylo w/ uTurn to fine tune the geometry. I run the shock at 85mm most of the time, XC type terrain. For some downhills, I will crank it up to 130mm. I chose the uTurn feature because I was not sure what the longer rockers would do to the handling of the bike. I really like the setup.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have a 2003 NRS-2. I just ordered the 4.5 inch rocker arms and a Marzoochi MX Comp fork 105 mm travel with ETA (extension travel adjustment). When you turn the ETA knob on it lowers the fork to 30 mm travel for climbing. You can turn on the ETA while you are riding, you don't have to stop and get off the bike like other adjustable travel forks. The lower travel setting will be great for steep climbs as it shifts your weight forward.

ekin

RZK
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the advice guys. I did some research of my own and bought myself a Manitou Minute One. Like both of you, I like the fact that I can adjust the fork to any travel between 100-130mm. I wasn't sure what the rocker would do to the geometry, so I went with a fork with adjustable travel. I also liked the fact that it has the SPV no bounce thing going for it. Maybe, it will balance out the "no-bob" thing in the back. I even got a pretty good price to boot through "Flee-bay". Hopefully, it will work out well.

banned
    Apr 2004

Anything fox or Marzocchi

Quote Originally Posted by RZK
    I am in the process of upgrading my 02 NRS. I wanted to go with something more cush without getting a 4 inch+ travel freeride rig. I decided to go with a set of 4.5 rockers and need a longer travel fork to go with it.

I haven't kept up much with the parts scene, so I am a bit out of it. Can someone suggest a nice 100mm+ fork to go along with my rockers?
    You won't be disappointed