Thread: My new ride

mtbr member
    May 2008

My new ride

After some years of being focused on other activities, I got back into riding and I really had to get up to speed with technology so I did some research and based on my budget and type of riding I want to do I got me a new ride.

Replaced my trusty 2000 Shwinn Mesa:

I like Squishy Bikes

Wow

now that is quite the upgrade!
    from a hard tail & V's to Trance with Hyro's
    Nice
    My Reign was a nice upgrade from my Ellsworth Isis
    A dirty book is rarely dusty

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Nice!!!!!!

Nice bike I just bought the same one a couple of months ago. I had a Spcialized FSR XC that I bought last year but they use a proprietary measurement on the rear shock which forces you to go through Spec. to upgrade but you can really only get the X-Fusion one. With the Giant Trance the measurement is standard so you can get any rear shock you want. You bought a good brand. Could not believe how fast it is and efficent pedaling it is compared to my former FSR XC. I too was looking at the X's but didn't really want the extra travel. Just like cars whats good for somebody might not be good or liked by another. Both the X's and the regular Trance are identical frame designs just and extra inch on the X's. I love the color combo of the Trance 2 also. Anyway Good Luck with the new ride.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Big upgrade there, I’m sure you’ll love it but don’t ride it too far before cutting the two cable ties either side of the shock rocker cos Giant sends them out way too tight and they soon begin to go through your cables as the suspension moves.
    [/SIZE]

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sweet upgrade!

enjoy the plush ride now!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks everybody. It sure is a big upgrade. Amazing ride compared to the Schwinn. I've had that Shwinn for years and I thought it was decent until I rode the Trance. Man I was way behing the power curve. Either way, I am looking forward to put some miles on the new steed and I will be keeping the Old Mesa, It was a great bike and very reliable. Everything is stock on that thing but the tires and tubes!