1x1
    mtbr member

My New 2006 Trance 1

Just got my new trance 1 today. Here are some pics. I have some better ones but they are all to big, ill resize them later.

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cycle Solutions
    Sex on wheels I'm hopin for good luck with my Deuce on my Anthem..........time will tell. Lovin the Hayes, are all the specs identical to the listed specs?

1x1
    mtbr member
    As of now all parts are stock except for my foam grips (and how I love the foam grips). As for specs listed by giant the only difference was that it didn't come with the a carbon seatpost, and they don't have the carbon mud fender for the rear shock yet, said they will send me one when they get them. I have only heard good things about the deuce cranks and rings. I do plan on a few other changes, I am selling the hayes for avid juicy 7 carbons ( if anyone wants the hayes e-mail me im selling them for $430 canadian). Getting rid of the rapid rise rear derailleur for an old xtr one, wouldn't mind trying XO but just to much $ and hassle to change. I am also thinking about selling the fork and putting a talas on. Anyone done this or any comments on the talas idea wellcome.

Ben
    Last edited by 1x1; 01-27-2006 at 08:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Beautiful bike. I love the paint job on the '06. Congrats!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Nice bike! Haven't seen many US-model 2006 Trance's yet. So it's good to see this one! How much does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    very nice.

what pedals are those - they look weird?

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]

MTB B'dos
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny_car
    very nice.

what pedals are those - they look weird?

Those would happen to be a set of TIMEs. Oh and to the OP, very nice ride let us know how that new Trance design rides and how many times you bash the shock mount
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    let us know how that new Trance design rides and how many times you bash the shock mount
    Yeah yeah... we know you're not a fan of the new shock mount.

Anyhow; I don't think it will happen many times. At least for me personally; I've never bashed my down tube ever at that position on my old bike. It's a XC-bike and I treat it like that.

MTB B'dos
    Quote Originally Posted by Xioz
    Yeah yeah... we know you're not a fan of the new shock mount.

Anyhow; I don't think it will happen many times. At least for me personally; I've never bashed my down tube ever at that position on my old bike. It's a XC-bike and I treat it like that.
    Yeh everyone knows and I'm just intrested in reports for them since I may want to get another one and would like to do it with a good feeling in my heart. I only keep asking since there's a part on 1 of my fav trails where you have to go over a fallen tree that's about 8-10" high with a 4-6" drop on the other side and the downtube hits there before the chainring does, so I can imagine riding any other tech trails and having this happen when needing to huck stuff.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

1x1
    mtbr member

sadly I won't be riding it for a while

Its still winter up here in Canada eh! So it will be a few more months before I'll be out on the trails with her. As far as weight goes never weighted it but would guess around 27 lbs. As for the shock mount I just plan on never hitting it.

Ben

p.s origional time pedals will eventualy take over the world they are so good.

Cycle Solutions
    Let me know how the Bulldogs work out.........I was going to use the 1.85 as my mud tire but managed to track down a pair of 1.8 Maxxis Medusa's (they dont sell em in Canada ehhh). If you want to take that bike for a spin now just throw on some studded Nokian 2.1 Extreme's