mtbr member

Good job! My Giant Trance x4 2012

Hope you like

Started out with the other half taken it for a spin straight out the box before i even sat on it !!

Then came the renthal duo stem and fatboy bars 30mm rise

Then the F+R Hope discs 180-180mm

Then came the Vault pedals which i must say are unreal and a carbon rock guard

Then a big expense was the forks, i needed to upgrade these badly an luckily i came across some 32 FIT RLC 140's and they work brilliant but also had to upgrade the front wheel to the 2013 Mavic Crosstrail due to the whole 15mm qr

Next up was the Hope bashguard which has yet to be used until this weekend and the FD is now lower compared to the pic

Upgraded the old deore standard to M772 GS XT which still needs to be setup because i just cannot find gears with the old deore due to it clicking and ghost changing every time i start climbing so i changed it completely. May have a bent hanger tho which i have another so i'll be trying that tonight

Thats all for now but do i have plans for a rear shock, just gotta work a bit harder to buy one yet lol Hope you like anyway

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    nice build,whats next? i cant recommend this enough Accessoires, since ive fitted it ive had no chain slap at all, yes u could make it from some hosepipe and cable ties but why bodge a bike like this.

mtbr member
    Cheers dude. Īm having major hassle with clicking in the 4th gear on the back not changed up etc Changed the RD to XT as you can see, new hanger fitted. Cassette is in perfect order. Frame isn't bent. LBS thinks it could be the shifter so I've ordered an SLX m660 shifter an hope it cures it. Cannot stand it clicking an ghost changing while climbing

Any thoughts oh and found out my bushings have slight play on the shock now. Bike is only 3 months old aswell.

mtbr member
    little update

Also brought the new Bionicon chain guide, must say it was awesome

and just to join the other hope tech stuff is the seat clamp. i do need to make a big purchase tho like an RP23 kash shock

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantTrance View Post
    Cheers dude. Īm having major hassle with clicking in the 4th gear on the back not changed up etc Changed the RD to XT as you can see, new hanger fitted. Cassette is in perfect order. Frame isn't bent. LBS thinks it could be the shifter so I've ordered an SLX m660 shifter an hope it cures it. Cannot stand it clicking an ghost changing while climbing

Any thoughts oh and found out my bushings have slight play on the shock now. Bike is only 3 months old aswell.
    only just seen this one too, im rubbish at replying, but yeah id blame the shifters too as ive changed all of mine apart from shifters and i have problems selecting gears, cant decide if to get 2x9 shifters or 2x10, but 2x10 means new cassette and rear mech,

Bionicon chain guide is a great bit of kit isnt, absolute rip off for what it is but does its job well.