Thread: My DS2

mtbr member
    May 2004

My DS2

Question for ya. I have an 02' DS2 with the Rock Shox Pilot XC air and stock HV shock. I am doing a lot of freeriding and drops with it. So far it has held up great. But how big do you think I can go befor the suspension gives in?
    8 Fitty 8

bi-winning

Pilot...

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon'er
    Question for ya. I have an 02' DS2 with the Rock Shox Pilot XC air and stock HV shock. I am doing a lot of freeriding and drops with it. So far it has held up great. But how big do you think I can go befor the suspension gives in?

I wouldn't worry about the rear coil shock, but the fork...hmmm...
    rock shox does not have a very good reputation these days... on top of that the Pilot XC is well... and XC fork and i dont think that it is designed to accomidate freeriding. however, if your not having any problems, maybe you shouldn't worry about it. My $.02

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the info, I will be swapping the fork in the near future with a Marzzochi. Not sure which one yet but that should give me a solid platform to play on. Go Big!
    8 Fitty 8

"El Whatever"
    Look at the Dirt Jumper III. 130mm travel and no knobs to worry about. And it's one of the cheapest Zokes you can get (around US$270)