Eat, Poop, Pedal.

Mutating a Reign 2. Input appreciated.

I have been riding my 2012 Reign 2 and have "out grown" it.. Meaning i need more/better suspension than the stock.. I have done some research on the fork/shock i want, but want to make sure all my bases are covered before ordering. I am looking at the Fox DHX Air 5.0 size 7.875x2.25. And the Fox Float 36 RC2 size 160mm(6.3inches). Will the rear shock work, going a little bigger? also could i use a 180mm(7.1inches) fork? has anybody ran/heard of someone running a 180 on a "160 frame"? If your wondering what type of riding i do, its mostly FR, DH.
    Thanks for input! i'm excited to get one of my dream bikes built.
    2012 Reign.
    2010 Rincon.

i like bikes

Slower But Faster
    By all accounts the 2.25 travel rear shock will work at least on the older Reigns. I recall reading another thread on here that mentioned it; see if you can borrow one just to check before splashing out.

The 160mm 36s on the front is a very popular upgrade, not heard of anyone trying a 180 fork on the Reign (a 150 frame). Note that both upgrades will void your warranty.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

yes

I run mine with a float 180, It's awesome for everything. A talas would be even better for climbing. Do it.

Eat, Poop, Pedal.
    I like it! What rear shock you running there? I'm now looking at selling mine and getting a Reign X0. Thoughts?
    2012 Reign.
    2010 Rincon.

i like bikes

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Largextracheese: have you measured the head angle?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Largextracheese View Post
    Yowza. What'r you at, 14.5 BB height?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It sits at just under 65 degrees. The bb is 14.25 from floor to center of bb. This setup is rad. The trails around here are steep and super tech. This setup gets me down things that would be usually reserved for a dh bike. The bb height doesn't affect the handling and cornering at all. Spot on for around here.