Giant Anthem

Muddiest bike picture-post up guys

Hey everyone; I though it would be fun to compare muddiest bike pictures- please post your muddiest, sloppiest looking bike picture here so everyone can see!

"Mud race in Ohio last weekend-can you say new bearings all around?"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2fst4u; 06-27-2008 at 06:46 AM. Reason: forgot pic

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I am revising my advice to your other thread: Carry a spare bearing replacement kit with you at all times ... and maybe a spare front wheel too! What happened .... did it come off and you weren't able to find it any more?!

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Iíve got a strange feeling your going to win this and there is another thread about this fun subject here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=392417

[/SIZE]

jones'in
    I think you and I might have a tie.

\m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

The Notorious S.L.O
    It would be quite a feat to get a bike that muddy where I ride, it way too dry out here.

I did get the Iguana pretty muddy in a early spring ride, snow melt is about the only way the trails get muddy here.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

Giant Anthem

Wheel off

Quote Originally Posted by MacGiv'er
    I am revising my advice to your other thread: Carry a spare bearing replacement kit with you at all times ... and maybe a spare front wheel too! What happened .... did it come off and you weren't able to find it any more?!

Umm...it flew off when I rode a wheelie through the finish line Just kidding.
    I took it off after the race to take it home. Then I was getting ready to clean it and thought of taking a pic!

I know mud is bad but the riding here is always wet (Ohio). I'm used to Colorado riding aghhh-wish I was back out west right now!!!

Giant Anthem

Tie it is

[QUOTE=venom600]I think you and I might have a tie.

Yeah, your mud looks more moist and mine looks more clumpy either way it's terrible for our rides but fun while dong it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Washed off mud

Not so muddy, but that was because the rain kept washing it off (and it was a 3 hr race at 3 degrees C!) Took about an hour until I could feel the toes and fingers...lovely Tumut at the Autumn Leaves Festival, NSW Australia.
    I'm impressed that the muddy bikes make it inside...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Giant Anthem

Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by tegski
    Not so muddy, but that was because the rain kept washing it off (and it was a 3 hr race at 3 degrees C!) Took about an hour until I could feel the toes and fingers...lovely Tumut at the Autumn Leaves Festival, NSW Australia.
    I'm impressed that the muddy bikes make it inside...
    You win because your from Australia! My wife and I were there for an extended stay and let me tell you; I loved it there. We were in Wollongong and the blue mountains. Amazing place and people-more laid back and friendly than us Americans. I didn't mountain bike then but did ride some bike paths right by the ocean-breathtaking stuff wish I could go back!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Everywhere is fun - esp. with a bike!
    I was in Philly Christmas before last and did not have the bike - Doh! (did eat a few cheesesteaks!) Also did manage to rent bikes for the family when in Washington DC - make the sightseeing much easier and faster - still think fondly about that gentle riding day.
    Next time you are here, come and see Mt Stromlo in Canberra. You will catch a glimpse for the World cup this yr and next. Now that's fantastic (Government has contributed $6 million to MTB and Road Crit circuit there) - have just tried the new XC uphill section that has been put in for the elite riders - hats off to them if they clear it - I had to walk most of it!!! (Up and down) Glad you enjoyed Aus - don't tell too many people - it's great here!!! Not much mud though...how do you get the muddy bikes into the house..?

TranceX Rider
    And just to add, it would also be quite a feat to get a bike that muddy to be cleaned in a jiffy! Mudcake!

I'd would say, awesome riding!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

Giant Anthem
    Quote Originally Posted by tegski
    how do you get the muddy bikes into the house..?
    Wash em off first then put inside; and in my case disassemble and buy new bearings and re assemble

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Why donít I give this thread a little bump and post up a deliciously muddy pic of Adam Craigís Anthem XÖ

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Don't have a Giant, mud is cool!

Giant Anthem
    Yep, thats a doosie.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRockCop
    Don't have a Giant, mud is cool!

You have a Giant; well Giant manufactures them.