mtbr member
    Feb 2004

mud flap or fenders for Anthem

I tried searching, with no luck, and I know there are some posts here about this. I am looking for the smallest fender or mud guard to put on the rear of an Anthem to keep mud out of all of the pivots. I remember some homemade versions as well. Any ideas? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Don't have the same bike, but i used an old fender my lbs had laying around to make up a guard to protect my bike/pivots from mud and grime. Cut it up to make it fit where I needed it and used a couple zip ties to secure it.

carbon classic
    Jul 2011

Anthem X rear mud guard

Quote Originally Posted by dumper View Post
    I tried searching, with no luck, and I know there are some posts here about this. I am looking for the smallest fender or mud guard to put on the rear of an Anthem to keep mud out of all of the pivots. I remember some homemade versions as well. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Hi Dumper. You may be referring to a guard that I made from an old plastic milk bottle.

Click on this link, should take you to the thread:

My New 2012 Anthem x 29er 1

If the link doesn't work, search 'My new 2012 anthem x29er 1'. It's in that thread. Thread was originally posted around August 2011.

The guard doesn't take too much effort to make and has lasted for more than six months so far. Does a great job of reducing the amount of crud build up on the linkages and front derailer.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I made one just like ^^
    Pre-cut a cereal box to get the shape right and serve as a pattern for the plastic bottle. Mine projects about 2" above the top of the rear triangle. Keeps most muck out of the pivots but the FD still collects a decent amount that flies over the top of the fender.