mtbr member
    Jun 2009

A Monarch Plus for a 2011 Trance X

I replaced the stock for with a 140mm FiT fork on my 2011 Trance X1 and the new fork has been a huge improvement. However I feel that the RP2 rear shock just isn't cutting it. The front end seems much more confident and much tighter than the rear shock.

Although the Trance X uses a 7.25x1.75 stroke is possible to use a Monarch Plus shock even though it has a minimum stroke length of 7.5x2.0 more importantly how would his change in stroke length affect the bike?

I am aware that push makes a modified Monarch rear shock that will fit Trance X but with all the horror stories of Push shocks failing I think the Monarch Plus would be less risky. Besides I strongly suspect that the Monarch Plus would be perfect for jumping and catching air.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mefistofeles View Post
    I replaced the stock for with a 140mm FiT fork on my 2011 Trance X1 and the new fork has been a huge improvement. However I feel that the RP2 rear shock just isn't cutting it. The front end seems much more confident and much tighter than the rear shock.

Although the Trance X uses a 7.25x1.75 stroke is possible to use a Monarch Plus shock even though it has a minimum stroke length of 7.5x2.0 more importantly how would his change in stroke length affect the bike?

I am aware that push makes a modified Monarch rear shock that will fit Trance X but with all the horror stories of Push shocks failing I think the Monarch Plus would be less risky. Besides I strongly suspect that the Monarch Plus would be perfect for jumping and catching air.
    a 2" stroke shock will yield 5.7" of rear travel while steepening the HA and SA and raising the BB. you will also be changing the leverage curve at the end of travel.

where are you hearing about all these PUSH shocks failing? i've had 6 stock shocks PUSHed and currently use a PUSH monarch RT-AM. with one exception none of them have had any issues, let alone a failure of any kind. the one issue i had was with an undersized glide ring that was repaired free of charge and did not cause a failure on any level.

there are plenty of other threads regarding a 7.5 x 2.0 shock on the Tx - search them out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    All here- Fox Rear Shocks - TF Tuned Shox

Im going for the Fox Float RP23, 2012, 184 x 44mm (when i get a spare 375 that is)

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    You can buy a bone stock Monarch RT-3 in the stock size and bolt it right up. I'm running one, and it's a much, much nicer shock than any of the Fox air shocks I've used. (RP-2, RP-23, DHX-A)
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper