mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Marz 66RC2X on 05 Reign

Hey all, been gone for a while but now back. Im looking at getting an 06 66rc2x for my Reign and i was wondering if there is anyone here running this fork. Does it fit? Im just worried about the axle to crown ratio. By the way, the fork is internally adjustable from 150 to 170. Im running an 05 Reign 3.

Slower But Faster
    I've seen it done, on a small (16") frame no less. Certainly choppers the bike out a bit at full travel but still climbed OK at 150. I say go for it.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Seems like a bit much. My All Mountain 1 is at 538mm A-C when at 150mm and can get light in the front when climbing steeps on my '05 Reign 3. Sometimes the ETA is definitely a blessing.

At 150mm on the Marz, I also have to be more conscious to weight the front wheel in corners.

You could run the 66 at 170mm on the Riegn 3, but I wouldn't say it would not be great at climbing nor would it be optimal for all around riding and I think there are better choices.

The 66RC2X also weighs 6.4lbs.

I think something like the '08 or '07 Z1 RC2 ETA, 2006 Z1 Light ETA or maybe something in the '55' line would be better choices to get the best all around performance out of an '05 Reign 3.

JMHO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ser3100
    Hey all, been gone for a while but now back. Im looking at getting an 06 66rc2x for my Reign and i was wondering if there is anyone here running this fork. Does it fit? Im just worried about the axle to crown ratio. By the way, the fork is internally adjustable from 150 to 170. Im running an 05 Reign 3.
    What's up dude! 170mm is too much for the 05 Reign unless you lower it to 150mm.