mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Maestro vs Marin Quad TARA

How does the maestro suspension compare to the Marin Quad link, specifically the Trance versus the Marin Wolf Ridge. Do any of these bikes exhibit brake jack?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Marin Quad's are top designs. Not just because they are 4-bar, but well thought out overall designs. If you want a bit more boutique go to Whyte's Quad's. Even more refined with same technology. You would be struggling to find any perceivable braking effects on either. Investigate the design's to see which one fits your style and terrain. They are both great bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by brakejack
    How does the maestro suspension compare to the Marin Quad link, specifically the Trance versus the Marin Wolf Ridge. Do any of these bikes exhibit brake jack?

CAK
    Reign Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Marin Quad's are top designs. Not just because they are 4-bar, but well thought out overall designs. If you want a bit more boutique go to Whyte's Quad's. Even more refined with same technology. You would be struggling to find any perceivable braking effects on either. Investigate the design's to see which one fits your style and terrain. They are both great bikes.
    I plan on picking up an '05 attack trail and putting my nixon on the front. Kinda funny about the boutique bike comment, I have never seen a Marin on the trails in SoCal, I kinda like riding a bike that not everyone has! I think it's boutique if not everyone has one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That little fella must be keeping you busy, nice avatar and congrats on the Attack Trail - a great ride.

I'm now just an arm chair fan of Marin / Whyte Bikes, and as a consequence wonder if the house should be mortaged again for an 06 Whyte 46.

Quote Originally Posted by CAK
    I plan on picking up an '05 attack trail and putting my nixon on the front. Kinda funny about the boutique bike comment, I have never seen a Marin on the trails in SoCal, I kinda like riding a bike that not everyone has! I think it's boutique if not everyone has one.

CAK
    Reign Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    That little fella must be keeping you busy, nice avatar and congrats on the Attack Trail - a great ride.

I'm now just an arm chair fan of Marin / Whyte Bikes, and as a consequence wonder if the house should be mortaged again for an 06 Whyte 46.
    I'd love to pick up a Whyte 46 but I think it's next to impossible to get one in the States, or at least prohibitively expensive.

Time to update my avatar. That was my little girl when she was 6 months old, this is her now, and yep, she keeps me busy. She turns two on Monday and had the big birthday bash tonight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Nice photos. The stage from two years to four years is just priceless.
    A Whyte 46 is too expensive here in Aus. If I order one from the UK, I would still have to pay 10% GST on top of the bad conversion rate.

The 46 is simply the best looking mountain bike I have ever seen, bit swoopier than the Marin's. Based on the numerous reviews I have read, it also sounds like the best bike that would suite me.