mtbr member

maestro pivot points squeaky/creaking

About a month ago i took my bike into the shop thinking my cranks were creaking when under a lot of force. Turns out it was the pivot points in the suspension. they lubed/greased them up and it was silent. 4-5 rides later the noise is starting to come back. Is this common? i dont hose my bike down or wash it. usually just get a towel and wipe it off. Just curious if this is common and will require continuous lubricating.

my bike is a 2012 giant trance x2

noise seems to coming from parts in shown in blue & red

thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    ask the shop you bought it at to inspect and replace the bearings if needed. it should not be squeaking, my 05 delevoped a squeak that soon after ruined the frame.

mtbr member
    Yeah, those bearings don't get lubed, they get replaced, but not when they're that new. Doesn't seem right to me.

Tire Geek O_o
    I did lube clean them and relubed them on my 2008 Reign, it was squeaking like a pig, I didnt change them because I dont have the proper tool for the bearing removal (any help with this - I am not sure which one is it?).

I managed to degrease them, relube and grease them, and the squeaking is gone.... lets see how long it takes to come back.

another squeak source was the headset, clean it, relube it and it runs smooth.
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!