Thread: Love My Reign 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Love My Reign 2

Had it for 3 days, and have gone out everyday. This thing climbs like a mountain goat. Very stable. On the 2nd ride I've developed an annoying sqeak/screech sound coming from somewhere middle-back I can't pin point. No real determining factors as to when it sqeaks. Any idea?
    This bike is so much fun to ride.

Johny Sokko!
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish
    Had it for 3 days, and have gone out everyday. This thing climbs like a mountain goat. Very stable. On the 2nd ride I've developed an annoying sqeak/screech sound coming from somewhere middle-back I can't pin point. No real determining factors as to when it sqeaks. Any idea?
    This bike is so much fun to ride.
    It's more than likely the love/hate Hayes Disc Brakes, they are quite one minute then start to squeal the next.

mtbr member
    Yep, I bought my Reign 2 this past Saturday and absolutely love it. But I have noticed that the brakes squeak when I make sharp turns on high grip surfaces. I think this will go away once the pads have a little more wear on them. Other than that, the bike is awesome.

mtbr member
    Upon closer inspection I noticed that the rear brake calipers were off center. After adjusting them, the bike is completely silent. You may want to check them on yours.

Members who have read this thread: 0