mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Looking to purchase a used Trance X - What frame size?

Hi,

I'm in the market to purchase a used Trance X that I will be using next year. I'm 5'9" and ~135 pounds. What size frame should I be looking at? Will I be able to fit on a size small properly?

Thanks!

Your Best Friend
    You're on the small end of a medium. You might fit on a small but you'd have to make too many concessions.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So your saying its not worth considering a size small frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm 5'6" 30" inseam on a small 08 Trance X. I run a 110mm stem and have to run my kindshock i950 385mm post a bit higher than the min insertion line. I demoed a couple smalls and mediums before I bought it and the smalls just felt better. Same with a small and medium at an Ibis demo. That being said, I'm looking for a medium 5spot which will be an inch longer seat tube and top tube.

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerzone9k View Post
    So your saying its not worth considering a size small frame?
    Bingo
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I am just gonna post here since i could not find a more suitable thread.

This is my first post i am not an english speaking person so i hope you wont mind my grammar.

So..
    Are there any known problems with giant trance x 2009, 2010. I currently have a 2013 trek 4700 and i wanna try something new. So this opportunity came up for a swap my 2013 (bought in '14) trek and some cash for a giant trance x4 2010 i dont know if giant is upgraded. So lets say it is bone stock.

I am not very experienced so i am hopping some of you might help what to watch for.

The fork is a tora 302 with coil and as far as i know coil forks are more reliable and simpler than air. The next thing i am worried about is the rear shock, are there any problems does the maestro system have any known faults. I know i need to watch for squeks rattles etc.

And i am 6'0 and the bike is L. Do you think it will be too big.

Thank you very much for any info and advice.

mtbr member

Looking to purchase a used Trance X - What frame size?

I rode a 2009 L tx before my present bike - loved it. The maestro is great, and that year had no issues with broken links. The question for a used one is what shape the pivot bearings are in. If you hear or feel any crunchiness or creaks as you bounce on the rear, you might pass on one. L size is good probably, I'm 6 ' 1.5" and ride the L because the head tube on the XL was massively tall. L was a bit tight for me, so I used a setback seat post, but it will probably be fine for you. People have said they tend to be longish bikes, but you could affect that with slightly shorter stem, as is the trend these days.