mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Loctite for NRS pivot bolts?

Anything wrong with Loctite on pivot bolts? I finally found the source of the noise I asked about here awhile back - the pivot bolt closest to the derailleur slowly comes a little loose, like 1/8 turn over 100 miles. I thought I might back the bolt out 1/4 inch, put a little blue Loctite on the female threads, and tighten it back up. But I thought I´d better ask here first because I´m pretty ignorant about suspensions. It´s an 04 aluminum NRS. Thanks in advance.

bi-winning

We the people ...

Quote Originally Posted by sweathog
    Anything wrong with Loctite on pivot bolts? I finally found the source of the noise I asked about here awhile back - the pivot bolt closest to the derailleur slowly comes a little loose, like 1/8 turn over 100 miles. I thought I might back the bolt out 1/4 inch, put a little blue Loctite on the female threads, and tighten it back up. But I thought I´d better ask here first because I´m pretty ignorant about suspensions. It´s an 04 aluminum NRS. Thanks in advance.
    here is a link to the giant suspension manual. they instruct you to use BLUE Loctite.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/images...ersion_1.2.pdf
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Thanks, I saw the manual...

.. but I missed this ... blue it will be.

Members who have read this thread: 0