Living Ghetto Fabulous!

Large Reign X seat tube is 19 inches.

Measured one for real. Website says 20, but it's really 19...

I did a search with no results, so I started this thread for people who are searching.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    In that ase you should perhaps have all the other needed info such as BB hight, chain stays, head angle...etc etc...

squish is good
    I seem to recall when MBA reviewed the Reign X they commented that most of the frame measurements were off compared to what Giant claimed. It seems weird but if it fits, I guess I wouldn't sweat it.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    I guess it may depend on HOW technical the measurements were, what instruments were used and what type of proceedure I guess...10 different ways to catch a fish and all that.

But yes...many people have been saying that both this years and that of last years...just depends on HOW technical you wish to make your decision. Half of the people do not even understand what they mean in relation to their choice, its just something to say to impress upon the idea that they may know something of which they are talking about - which is not to say that these details are not important, because that fact is as (insert oxymoron), everyone knows they are.

But if its fits and feels right...+1 as above, dont sweat it!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I can say that my 2007 medium is just over 17" for the seattube. The TT and chainstay measurements seem right on though. I will say it would be nice to have accurate and complete dimensions on the website. Finding a reign X locally to try for fit is basically impossible, and I'm in a bigger city, so for many of us fit and feel are what we find out after the fact.

mtbr member
    Yeah I measured mine all up and plugged in all my details and had the G-lads come on out and personaly diliver the new XO metal to my pad...happy day indeed. The small difference in size did not directlty effect me in anyway, I just had to learn a new body language.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Now that people have weighed in a bit, I'll give you some back-story. I came off a Rocky Mtn Switch I had last year; bent the frame. I rolled all the parts to a Bottlerocket. The Bottlerocket just isn't enough travel for my style, so I've been looking for something closer to 7 inches.

I didn't like how tall the Switch was. The large was 19.5 with a 14.5 inch BB height. Always bothered me in the really steep stuff. Fast forward to my new frame search. The Reign X is supposed to be 20 inches. I wrote it off since it was as tall + half an inch. Fast forward again to yesterday when my boss got one in finally and I sat on it. SOLD. 19 inches exactly, with a lower BB! I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a frame and roll my parts again.

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Now that people have weighed in a bit, I'll give you some back-story. I came off a Rocky Mtn Switch I had last year; bent the frame. I rolled all the parts to a Bottlerocket. The Bottlerocket just isn't enough travel for my style, so I've been looking for something closer to 7 inches.

I didn't like how tall the Switch was. The large was 19.5 with a 14.5 inch BB height. Always bothered me in the really steep stuff. Fast forward to my new frame search. The Reign X is supposed to be 20 inches. I wrote it off since it was as tall + half an inch. Fast forward again to yesterday when my boss got one in finally and I sat on it. SOLD. 19 inches exactly, with a lower BB! I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a frame and roll my parts again.
    BB height sure, but what does the seat tube length matter? It's pretty much irrelevant, unless you're looking at riding a slopestyle bike for XC and need to run a monster length post. Used to be an indication of standover in the days before heavily sloped and hooped top tubes, but no more. (And you can always slam the seat right right down in most frames these days).

I'm much more interested in the effective top tube and actual top tube lengths...

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    BB height sure, but what does the seat tube length matter? It's pretty much irrelevant, unless you're looking at riding a slopestyle bike for XC and need to run a monster length post. Used to be an indication of standover in the days before heavily sloped and hooped top tubes, but no more. (And you can always slam the seat right right down in most frames these days).

I'm much more interested in the effective top tube and actual top tube lengths...
    "Irrelevant?" Not to me obviously... I like to slam the seat for steeps; 19inches max. I like a 24ish ETT. I like a 14ish BB height.

"Irrelevant"... O.K. DATA.

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    "Irrelevant?" Not to me obviously... I like to slam the seat for steeps; 19inches max. I like a 24ish ETT. I like a 14ish BB height.

"Irrelevant"... O.K. DATA.
    Sorry, didn't mean to come across off-handed. You're obviously more into throwing the bike around than me...

Delusions of Armymen Tank-drivers and Airmen?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    Delusions of Armymen Tank-drivers and Airmen?

Members who have read this thread: 1