mtbr member
    Apr 2007

just picked up an 08 trance 2

hey guy's I just picked up an 08 trance 2 for a good price. i'm pretty excited to ride it, I've been wanting to try a full suspender for a while but didn't want to "try" one for $2000+. so for a few hundred bucks, do you think I've got a solid bike?
    winter is fast approaching here in Michigan and I know that i'm going to want to upgrade stuff over the next few months, without even having any seat time on the bike, just because i'm an addict. will I be completely wasting my money? the reason I ask is because I can't find any info on these 26" trances even though it's not that old of a bike. did they suck? were they cool? frames break? too heavy? no one talks about them because they're a secret weapon? any info would be cool, searching the forum or even google is getting me nothing. thanks

mtbr member
    I have the X1 of the same year. Best upgrades I have done are lighter wheels and XT Brakes. Bike is a great all around trail bike. No issues.

Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

Just Ride.
    I haven't owned one but a few guys own similar models and they seem quite capable. For a few hundred I think you got a good deal. Just enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    thanks guy's, sounds like I have nice bike. hope it has a good feel for me, can't wait to ride it! f'ing snow on the ground right now...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Enjoy your new ride. Sounds like you got a great deal and you may be very happy with it for a long time. If you decide to change out or upgrade to a newer bike you will have a great bike to compare against.

Hope you get a few good thaws so you can ride a lot this fall