Cfletcher
    Jun 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm Just ordered my new VT! Correct Frame Size??

Howdy -first ever post, how exciting

I am 6'3" and just ordered the XL framed (22.5") VT2. It's going to be a little while because they are in limited supply. Meanwhile, they did have a 20.5" bike in stock, but it felt like I was leaning too far forward on it. I currently ride a 2001 Schwinn Rocket 88 stage 3, and it has a 21" frame and feels small. So, I guess I am just looking for some confirmation on the fact that you guys think I ordered the right sized frame?

I can't wait to get this bike... my rocket88 bobs so bad on climbs, and the suspension is not so good at all for downhilling. Seems like the VT2 will give me huge imporvements in all areas. Schwing!!!

PS - Performance has them on sale right now for $1,750, and if you join the buyer's club (costs $20 per year) you get another 10% back in store credit... so you're looking at paying under $1,600 for a brand new VT2. Good deal I thought!

Craig

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by cfletcher
    Howdy -first ever post, how exciting

I am 6'3" and just ordered the XL framed (22.5") VT2. It's going to be a little while because they are in limited supply. Meanwhile, they did have a 20.5" bike in stock, but it felt like I was leaning too far forward on it. I currently ride a 2001 Schwinn Rocket 88 stage 3, and it has a 21" frame and feels small. So, I guess I am just looking for some confirmation on the fact that you guys think I ordered the right sized frame?

I can't wait to get this bike... my rocket88 bobs so bad on climbs, and the suspension is not so good at all for downhilling. Seems like the VT2 will give me huge imporvements in all areas. Schwing!!!

PS - Performance has them on sale right now for $1,750, and if you join the buyer's club (costs $20 per year) you get another 10% back in store credit... so you're looking at paying under $1,600 for a brand new VT2. Good deal I thought!

Craig
    I'm 6 foot and the large, 20.5 frame fits me perfectly.