mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Good job! Just bought the 2008 Giant Yukon

So l have rejoined the Giant family... my first mtb was 1993 or 1994 Rincon.... anyhow, after searching for a new mtb for more than a month now l have finally found some peace and bought the 2008 Giant Yukon - Mountain version (Canadian Edition).
    I love it !!! great value and well equipped for its price !!! l got the Suntour XCR fork and not the Rock Shox Dart and l have to say, the Suntour is no doubt a much better fork with Hydraulic Damping.... also got the Alivio f/d and not the Acera - hey... no complains here either
    So my story goes like this, l sold my old xc racing mtb and wanted to buy something just for fun and sport, my eyes came across with the new 2008 Giant Rincon and Yukon, first impression ? Damn l hate that frame, it looks so ugly (size S - 16 inch frame).... wifey says she likes l said no way.... going from really traditional xc bike to this beast seems impossible.... since that day l have tried almost every major brand in this crazy market and could not find the right frame for me... I have got short legs (28.5 inch inseam) and l could not find a frame with enough stand over clearance. I was pretty much sold on the 2008 GT Avalanche but GT's frames are HUGE even size small feels big.... l was telling my wife that maybe l should wait for next year or something and then she says lets go and have a look at the Giant, and off we go..... l take a spin (in the store) and damn it feels pretty darn good .... took it for a test ride and loved it.... feels like such a nice frame with great value for money ratio.... and more than enough s/o clearance, bought the Yukon on the spot !!!! What a great buy !!!
    Never let the look fools you

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i got one for the wife last month. yes it is a very nice bike.
    i agree that it was a great value.

congrats on the ride