mtbr member

Joplin R on Trance

Is anyone running a Joplin R on their Trance? What are the cable routing options?

Thanks-

mtbr member
    not sure what year frame you have but here's my gravity dropper on my '06:
    zip tied to the front mech housing, the water bottle cage and the rear brake & mech housing.
    i'm still debating turning the post around so the cable comes straight off the back - like the joplin r.

i went this route mostly because i didn't feel like shortening the cable (pulled the post off one of my other bikes) and didn't want to use zip ties or stick on cable guides along the top tube.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Got one on an 08 reign, same frame layout as new trances. I ran mine along side the front deraileur cable, zip tying it to the cable stops under the frame top tube, neat & clean. Everything on the right side of the bike.
    Did something similar on my 05 frame as well. I also coupled a zip tie loop to the rear of the seat post clamp around the joplin cable to keep it from swinging out under compression. If pics weren't such an ordeal I'd do it..

mtbr member

cable stops

Quote Originally Posted by kneecap
    Got one on an 08 reign, same frame layout as new trances. I ran mine along side the front deraileur cable, zip tying it to the cable stops under the frame top tube, neat & clean. Everything on the right side of the bike.
    Did something similar on my 05 frame as well. I also coupled a zip tie loop to the rear of the seat post clamp around the joplin cable to keep it from swinging out under compression. If pics weren't such an ordeal I'd do it..
    kneecap - I can't figure out how you attach the zip ties to the cable stops? Any suggestions?

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Boon, I've not posted pics here yet, but I have sent pics (attachments) via email. If you're comfortable with that, PM me with your email & I'll try to send out some pics later this afternoon, gotta head out for a service call presently..

Bike Geek

trance cable routing

Did you ever put up the pictures of your seatpost cable routing on your giant?
    RIP AL DAVIS

kneecap
    Dec 2003

Hope

Quote Originally Posted by norcalruckus
    Did you ever put up the pictures of your seatpost cable routing on your giant?
    never done the foto thing here on mtbr, maybe I'll give it a try this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Not a Joplin R but i950 on my 09 Trance X, I zip tied it to the rear derailieur outer by the cable stops on the top tube. Means you get a nice loop out the back when you lower the post.

Was the best option I could see.

Ninja Master Powers
    I have a i950r on my 09 Trance.

I made a longer cable and ran it alongside the rear brake line. Then it crosses under the suspension link,there's a "stock" zip tie loop there that holds the rear brak line. From there the cable goes straight up the back side of the seat tube. It's lightly zip tied to the housing for the front del. cable on the seat tube.

It's been running this way for a few months with no problem.
    I did have to work a bit with the loop of cable so it didn't hit the rear tire when the suspension is fully compressed. That took about 5 minutes during install.

I haven't had any issues with the install at all and I use the post every ride.

TranceX Rider
    Hi! Anybody would like to post some shots of their cable routing. You see I'm kind of a visual learner... Thanks much!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

I'll try and get some better ones at the weekend, its dark by the time I finish work here now

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Seat Up

Seat Down

Cable Ties could be a bit neater

Remote